jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

9 Reasons Why Carriage House is the Underdog

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

That wonderful time of year is finally upon us again… housing selection.  Whether you’re sick of living on campus or trying to find the perfect apartment that won’t break the bank, here are the top nine reasons why Carriage House Apartments is the place you should be. 

1. The Location

Whether you want to walk, take the bus, or drive to campus, Carriage is perfect for you.  You have the Celeron Trail to walk on as a shortcut to campus and a quick 3 minute drive (if that) to X Lot.  Also, if you’re trying to escape campus fast to have yourself a day at Buckland Hills Mall in Manchester, all you need to do is take a left onto Huntington Lodge to avoid going through the rucus of North Eagleville to get on 384. 

2. The Price

We’re all college students, therefore we all love a good deal. Carriage House Apartments has a very affordable and reasonable monthly rate for your apartment.  It might not be brand new like the Oaks on the Square, but with recent renovations including new applicances, repainting, and carpet cleaning, Carriage gives you that nice home without the large price tag. 

3. The Layout

One of the best things about Carriage is the layout in each apartment.  It is set up like a townhouse, with four apartments per building.  There is a very spacious living room, attached kitchen, and upstairs you will find a bathroom with two well sized bedrooms.  Having the space to hang out upstairs or downstairs makes your living experience much more enjoyable. 

4. The UConn Bus Favors Us

Sorry Celeron, but the UConn buses like us better.  We have the luxury of not having to cross the street when we are running to catch that off-schedule bus. 

5. Walking Distance to Darties/Night Life

We already mentioned that Carriage is in prime location for the days we are rushing to campus, but we can’t forget to factor in how easy it is to go to that last minute Friday afternoon darty.  Although we may not be sure that being this close to Nickel is the best thing for us, deep down we know we’re truly blessed despite the hangover we wake up with the next morning. 

6. The Yard

One of the biggest advantages over other living locations is the outdoor space availble at every building. Regardless of if you want to lay out and read or play some ball, you have the ability to do anything just by walking out your front door. 

7. Quick Responding Maintenance

Throughout the past few years, Carriage has been working on many improvements, including their maintenance department.  Currently, all you need to do is go online to submit a work order, and usually within 24-48 hours (depending on how large the issue is), your problem will be solved all thanks to maintenance!  Another perk is that you will receive updates as to when maintenance opened the work order, when they start to work on it, and when they have completed it so that you are always left up to date on what is going on in your apartment. 

8. Friendly Security 

The Carriage House security is not out to get you.  Yeah, there’s a car that goes up and down the drive constantly through the night, but they’re just there to make sure everyone is safely having a good time. 

9. Flexible to How You Want it

Yes, we know that Carriage has a reputation, but is every rumor you hear true? Carriage is what you want to make it. If you are the kind of person that wants to throw a huge banger on a Saturday night or sit in and enjoy Bachelor Monday, Carriage is the perfect place to do both. No matter how trashed your apartment gets, you have the ability the next morning to make it a nice, peaceful home again if that’s what you want… it just may take a little bit of scrubbing (as pictured below).

So basically: Carriage is where it’s at. After all, it is where dreams come true. 

For more information, go to http://www.livecarriagehouseapts.com 

Photo courtesy of Katie H. & Ashley M.

Cover Image Source