7 Creative Pinterest Pumpkin Crafts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s finally autumn which means the time to drink pumpkin spice lattes, wear sweaters, and create festive decorations has come. We searched Pinterest for the best ways to step outside the jack-o-lantern box to jazz up your pumpkins. Here’s what we found:

Melted Crayon Pumpkins

What you’ll need: a plain pumpkin (preferably white), crayons, glue, and a blow dryer.

What to do: Grab your favorite colors and peel off the wrappers of your desired crayons. Glue the crayon to the top of the pumpkin around the stem. After the glue dries, use the blow dryer to heat up the crayons and watch them drip!

Drilled Luminary Pumpkins

What you’ll need: a drill, a carved out pumpkin, a marker, and a candle.

What to do: Pick out and mark your favorite design onto the pumpkin. After that, simply use the drill to create the pattern.  Place a candle on the inside and watch those babies glow.

Glitter Monogrammed Pumpkins

What you’ll need: A pumpkin, glitter, double sided adhesive sheets, and a Xacto knife.

What to do: Cut your double sided adhesive into the letter that you’d like. Next, peel off the backing on each side and place the letter in the place you’d like on the pumpkin. Use any colored glitter and sprinkle it on top of the adhesive. Once it’s completely covered, you’re done!

Marbled Paint Pumpkins

What you’ll need: nail polish, water, a bowl, a hair dryer, Q-tips, and small pumpkins.

What to do: Fill your bowl with water and then drizzle any nail polish colors into the bowl and give it a gentle swirl to create cool color patterns. Quickly take the small pumpkin and dip it into the water. The pattern from the water will be on the pumpkin! Dry the side with a hair dryer (or let it air dry) and repeat on the other side.

Sequin Polka-Dotted Pumpkins

What you’ll need: loose sequins, craft glue, and a pumpkin.

What to do: Simply glue the sequins onto the pumpkin to create polka dots!

Doughnut Painted Pumpkins

What you’ll need: different colored acrylic paints, paint brushes, and mini pumpkins.

What to do: Paint the entire pumpkin a tan color to create the doughnut. Next, paint a ring of frosting around the stem of the pumpkin. To finish, add colorful touches of paint to create sprinkles and let dry.

Decoupage Pumpkins

What you’ll need: a faux pumpkin (that way you can keep it for next year!), photos or any clippings, Mod Podge, and a sponge brush.

What to do: Take a thin layer of Mod Podge and coat the back of the picture or magazine clipping with it. Continue to cover the pumpkin with the pictures/clippings. Let everything dry for an hour and then coat the entire pumpkin with a coat of Mod Podge. Let dry, and voilà!