The 6 Stages of Your March Madness Bracket

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s that time of year again! The time of year when basketball is on 24/7 and we all compete to see how far we can get with our self-made brackets. When it comes to these brackets, there are definitely stages we all go through as we win some and lose some. 

1.) Confident

You’ve studied all your teams and their chances. You’re convinced that you’ve come up with the most fool-proof bracket that will take you all the way to the championship. Nothing can stand in your way. 

2.) Nervous

You then realize that you were wrong about a game or two and you start doubting yourself and your strategy. Were you right in your strategy? Only time will tell…

3.) Trying to Remain Calm

Even though your bracket may be crumbling around you, you try to remain calm and hopeful that you can still come out victorious. 

4.) Happy

You’re predicting some very big wins correctly and you’re doing better than most of the people you’re competing against. Things are looking up. 

5.) Nervous Again

You’ve predicted the teams in the Final Four and it’s time to see if you can make it all the way. Your reputation as the master of the bracket depends on it. 

6.) Victorious

You did it! You’re the champ! Revel in your victory and start preparing for next season. 

Cover Image Source