45 Things To Do When Everyone Goes Home for the Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

We all have those weekends where we find ourselves alone.  Everyone has gone home and you have nothing to do.  WRONG.  You have so much you can do!  Here are 45 things to keep you busy during a weekend alone.

Have friends going to other schools?  Call ’em up!  They miss you too.

Bow-chicka-wow-wow

Finally get together with that guy or girl you’ve been meaning to hang out with!

It’s a great way to meet new people and get involved!

You know you have work to do.

No one is awake enough to notice you’re alone, so dig in!

Revel in the squalor of your own filth!  But make sure to clean up before everyone comes back.

Why change when there’s no one to impress?

The HSM soundtrack, Jesse McCartney, boy bandsfrom the 90s, bascially anything pre-2007 is ideal.

It’s literally a book filled with things to do when you’re bored.Plus it makes for a great keepsake to look back at later.

Settle in with a cup of coffee or maybe a glass of wineand sink your teeth into the latest celebrity scandal.

Exactly.

Stay informed about the entire world and not just the one you live in. 

Can you name everyone on your floor?   If yes, go meetpeople on other floors.  If no, stop being a hermit!  Go say hi!

Speaking of people on your floor, you should get to know your RA soyou know who to go to if you need help, and so that they know who you are!

(Cookies deserve more than one picture, I mean look at the deliciousness…)If you have access to an oven and ingredients, cookies are theperfect way to make new friends!  Everyone loves cookies!!!

A facial can do wonders to de-stress yourself.TIP:  Put a bottle of lotion on a radiator or heater so it’s warmed up for you to use after a hot shower. 

It’s always flattering when people ask you whereyou got your nails done and you did them yourself.

*Adds everything to cart**Sees price**Takes everything out of cart*

It may not be the most fun thing to do, but it’s probablynecessary and it will be a relief once it’s done.

This is necessary especially if you ran out of cleanunderwear.  Do NOT be that person.

That milk’s probably gone sour and now you’ll haveroom for your take-out leftovers!

Hang some new pics on your wall, grab a string of lightsto put up, and give you room a brand new look.

Your parents miss you more than you think, and it’snice for them to know that you miss them too.

No one ever gets mail anymore, and it’s likethe best thing ever!  Send someone a letter!

If all else fails, a nap kills time.  #powernap

Your workout, your schedule.  Not a bigfan of the gym? Go for a run outside instead!

Honestly, is there anything better than a hot shower?

Bring out your inner Carrie Bradshaw byhaving a little fashion show for one!

If you come out looking like this, no one will have to know.

It’s good to take a day to let your skin breatheand take a break from that heavy makeup.

The world may never know…

Makes for a good party trick.

Strangely addicting and a great stress reliever.

Breakfast alone may have been okay, but dinneralone is scary.  Don’t worry, we’ve all been there, just order in!

Experience must include: singing along, laughing, crying, or a mixture of the three.

Marathonnnn! Bring on the popcorn!

If you’re having popcorn, you mine as wellbring out the candy, chips, and ice cream.

No one can make you feel guilty for watching 10 hours of Netflix if they aren’t there!

It’s okay, Netflix cures all.

This way, you can tell the millions of internet users howbored you are when your friends aren’t there.

Sometimes people really just need to know someone cares.  If you’re too shyto approach someone in person, this website is an incredible way to help peopleknow that they aren’t alone and there are people who can relate and give advice.

With their new quizzes it’s a great way to kill time.  And whodoesn’t want to know what kind of bagel the are?

Wanna see some cuties?  How about the latest style trends?Well you’re in the right place!  Her Campus has all that and more!Find your school’s chapter page today!

But why do that when you can do all this other stuff?!

Nikki is the Campus Correspondent & Editor in Chief for Her Campus UConn.  She is a senior majoring in Communication with a minor in HDFS.  Nikki wishes she was Beyoncé, worships Adele, eats more pasta than is probably recommended, and is a Ravenclaw at heart.   If you have any questions or concerns regarding Her Campus UConn, you can email her at nicoleharris@hercampus.com.