10 TV Couples That Gave Us Unreasonably High Expectations About Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Let’s be honest, the best part of any TV series is the cute couple that makes you question every relationship you’ve ever been in. Here’s 10 perfectly imperfect TV couples that you just can’t help but envy:

1. Pam Beesly and Jim Halpert

“When you’re a kid you assume your parents are soulmates. My kids are going to be right about that.” -Pam Beesly, The Office Season 5

2. Ross Geller and Rachel Green

“You and I both know we’re perfect for each other.” -Ross Geller, Friends Season 1

3. Carrie Bradshaw and Mr. Big

“It took me a really long time to get here, but I’m here. Carrie, you’re the one.” -Mr. Big, Sex and the City Season 6

4. Cory Matthews and Topanga Lawrence

“I will never, ever love anybody more than I love you.”- Cory Matthews, Boy Meets World Season 5

5. Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf

“So next time you forget you’re Blair Waldorf, remember: I’m Chuck Bass. And I love you.”-Chuck Bass, Gossip Girl Season 3

6. Dr. Derek Shepherd and Dr. Meredith Grey

“I love you, Meredith Grey. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”-Dr. Derek Shepherd, Grey’s Anatomy Season 5

7. Marshall Eriksen and Lily Aldrin

“Lily, there are a million reasons why I love you […] But the main reason is you’re my best friend, Lily. You’re the best friend I’ve ever had.” -Marshall Eriksen, How I Met Your Mother Season 2

8. Eric and Tami Taylor

“I love you. I respect you. I am proud of you. I am in love with you completely.”-Eric Taylor, Friday Night Lights Season 1

9. Nick Miller and Jessica Day

“I’ve never, you know, felt this way or had this with anybody. It’s like there’s been this fog around my life, and with you, all of the sudden, it’s gone.”-Nick Miller, New Girl Season 3

10. Uncle Jesse and Rebecca

“If every word I said could make you laugh, I’d talk forver.”-Uncle Jesse, Full House Season 4