burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Fashion Trends to Try for Spring 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

With temperatures slowly inching up week-by-week in Chicago, it’s exciting to see that spring is here and summer is fast approaching! Now that we can all finally hide our winter parkas back in our closets (and stop dressing strictly for warmth), there has been a huge surge in fashion within Chicago. Here are five awesome trends straight off of the fashion runways that would be awesome to try on campus this season:

1. Joggers

Whether they are printed, denim, or leather, joggers have become a huge fashion statement in the past year. They’re comfortable, fashionable, and can easily be dressed up or down for any occasion. Joggers come in a variety of styles, colors, and materials, so it’s easy to find ones that suit your personality!

2. Geometric Prints

Whether it’s gingham, grid print, or something a little unique, geometric patterns have appeared countlessly in recent fashion trends, and there’s been a good showing of that on campus. These patterned prints can be worn as a top, bottom, or accessory, leaving a lot of room for personal style and self-expression.

3. Minimalist Sportswear

Fashionable sportswear emerged as a trend a few months ago, but the new spring fashion lines at various stores have been utilizing this trend in many of their pieces. Whether it be a subtle addition of racing stripes on tops, drawstrings added to a sweater, or a varsity number stitched onto the back of a flannel, elements of sportswear have been a huge hit.

4. Crop Tops

Although crop top have been a huge hit for a few years now, they will continue to play a vital role in Chicago fashion. With the popularity of high-waisted pants, shorts, and skirts, crop tops will continue to dominate the shirt selections of many fast-fashion retailers. For the springtime, try more elegant crop tops with lace, sequins, or a collar.

5. Yellow

Many fashion designers have recently been adding pops of cheery yellow to their collections through both bold accessories and staple pieces such as shift dresses and heels. Yellow is an incredibly trendy color for the season and it emulates a sunny, colorful, and positive vibe in any outfit!