alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

WHEN YOU WATCH IT BACKWARDS: PART 1

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

Watching these movies forward is fun, but so lame once you’ve seen them for the tenth time. Try watching them backwards, and this is what you’ll get.

WILLY WONKA“If you watch Willy Wonka backwards, it’s about a young boy who gives a creepy hospital to an old guy. The old guy then heals a bunch of kids with strange conditions, and the young boy, regretting the mistake, reverts to poverty. Also, he throws a coin into the snow.”

DESPICABLE ME“If you watch Despicable Me backwards, it’s about a man who gets so fed up with his kids that he gives them away to an orphanage and becomes evil.”

TAKEN“If you watch Taken backwards, it’s about a dad who gives his daughter to sex slave traffickers, then copes with his guilt by going around Europe and healing people. Eventually, one of the traffickers redeems himself by saving the girl and sending her back home, where her parents throw her a birthday party to celebrate her return.”

MAGIC MIKE“If you watch Magic Mike backwards, it’s about a failed furniture maker who pays women to dress him.”

CINDERELLA“If you watch Cinderella backwards, it’s about a spoiled princess who finally learns her place.”

CASTAWAY“If you watch Castaway backwards, it’s about a man who runs away from his wife due to her constant nagging only to have her hire FedEx to find and kidnap him and bring him back to her.”

PRETTY WOMAN“If you watch Pretty Woman backwards, it’s about a woman who’s rich boyfriend forces her into prostitution.”

CAT IN THE HAT“If you watch the Cat in the Hat backwards, it’s about two creepy alien kids cleaning up a trashed house after a cat, wearing a hat, lets them out to do so, much to the joy of the kids whose house it is, until the cat recaptures the crazy cleaning kids before the mother gets home.”

SHREK“If you watch Shrek backwards, it’s about an insane ogre who kidnaps a man’s wife and puts her in a tower, alienates his friends and winds up living alone in a swamp.”

THE HANGOVER“If you watch The Hangover backwards, it’s about a group of friends who ditch a wedding after seeing some photos of people who look like them in Vegas and decide to attempt to replicate the events in those photos, but in the end they are better people.”

INCEPTION“If you watch Inception backwards, it’s Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.”

THE HUNGER GAMES“If you watch The Hunger Games backwards, it is set in a pre-apocalyptic civilization where, annually, a single teenager is honored and then sent into an outdoor arena.  Over a period of a few weeks, they must resurrect other teens’ dead bodies. In these particular Games, there are two teens who begin the Games. They start to work together and play for a romantic angle, but that declines until she nearly kills him and then leaves him in a river.”

DONNIE DARKO“If you watch Donnie Darko backwards, he gets crushed by a jet engine and there is no need for the rest of the movie.”

Quotes provided by watchitbackwards.com!

Tiffany Ward, a Junior at the University of Arkansas, joined the Her Campus Arkansas team in 2013 and now serves as the chapter President. Along with being an English major, Tiffany has a minor in Legal Studies and Pre-Law emphasis. Tiffany is a loyal member of Alpha Omicron Pi. Tiffany loves to write articles that provide advice and fun to her readers.