Whataburger Comes To Fayetteville

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

Some of you thought it was a myth. However, according to the Fayetteville Flyer- it’s finally happening. This month, they will break ground on Arkansas’ first Whataburger. If you’re from Texas, this is the best news you’ve heard since you first heard Fayetteville would get one 14 months ago. If you’re from Arkansas, get ready for the best thing that has happened to you since The Hogs won the National Championship. I’m not being dramatic here, Whataburger is THAT good.

I know what you Arkansas folk are thinking – what’s so great about Whataburger anyway? You’ve heard your Texan friends complain about their Whataburger withdrawals and you don’t understand how a restaurant can have as big of a toll as it does on us. It’s not just because they have the best burgers in America. You probably won’t understand until you have your first bite, but I’ll try to help.

Whataburger is open 24 hours.

That’s right, 24 hours a day and 364 days a year. Finally an alternative to Taco Bell and McDonald’s when you’re hungry at 3 a.m.

The Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit.

Also known as heaven in your mouth. It might sound weird but trust me, you want one.

Breakfast is served from 11 p.m. to 11 a.m.

Who doesn’t love breakfast? At Whataburger, you can get anything on their breakfast menu starting at 11 at night.

Spicy Ketchup.

Yep, that’s what I said. Spicy Ketchup. It used to be seasonal, but now Whataburger offers Spicy Ketchup year round. It’s the best thing that’s happened since Chick-fil-A sauce.

Table Tents.

Okay, so this one is hard to explain. However in Texas it is a hobby to steal the table tents from Whataburger. Some people even steal them and then sell them on Ebay. Whether you just steal your favorite number, or you have a collection of numbers 1-90, having a Whataburger table tent is cool.

The Fayetteville Whataburger will be located at 1920 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Get ready Fayetteville, because in three- to six-months the best thing that has ever happened to you will be right on MLK.

Jordan is from a small town called Coppell, Texas, but has moved to Fayetteville to attend college. She is the Editor-In-Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Arkansas. She is a junior at the University of Arkansas, who is majoring in Journalism (with an AD/PR emphasis) and minoring in Communications. Her interests include E! network, everything Kardashians and cats.