This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

It’s that time again. The time for family, friends, thankfulness and last but not least turkey! With all the good cheer to go around, who could possibly resist? Check out some ways to have yet another great Thanksgiving to put in the books. 

1.Catch up with the family!

– After being at school for months at a time, I think we’re all vindicated in saying: It’s about time!! During break, try to enjoy all the special moments and make new memories that you can keep with you for years to come!  

2. Watch some football

– Nothing says Thanksgiving Day, like some football! So, go out and find your comfiest pair of sweats and lounge around enjoying some pigskin with the fam by the TV.

3. Savor the good food

– I mean, I don’t know about you… But, this is the part I’ve been craving for weeks now. The FOOD! Cranberries, Stuffing, Turkey, Rolls.. my goodness, so many varieties to choose from! Let me tell you, if there were ever a day that your eyes were allowed to be bigger than your stomach it’s this one! 

4. Help out wherever you can!

– While eating is half the fun, don’t forget to help out with some of the prep! Thanksgiving Dinner is a big job for just one to undertake, so try to make yourself available and ready to help. Plus, it’s so rewarding when you see people enjoying something that you prepared yourself!

5. Be Thankful!

– No matter the background you come from, there’s always some good to be found in each day. Try to think back on all the things that have made you feel warm inside over the years. Think on these things and you’ll surely have a great day. Bonus points: If you can, share what your thankful for with others and see how they glow as well! 

6. Bring back leftovers

-So unfortunately at this point, Thanksgiving is now over and you’re well into your food coma of a slump. But, the fun doesn’t have to stop here. Be sure to pack up some leftovers of what once was and be sure to relive all the goodness again! Who knew a simple plate could give one so much joy. 

7. Donate and Volunteer

-While it’s easy to get caught up in all the fun that Thanksgiving brings; please remember all of those who may not have all the same luxuries. If you have some spare time or even just some spare food, consider donating it and volunteering at your local shelter. Not only will they appreciate the warm meal but also all the love being shown to them. 

Happy Thanksgiving HC SVC! 

Lisa Mason is currently a Junior Marketing major with a minor in Management. She is a member of Activities Programming Board, Women in Business, Singers, and works as an Admissions Ambassador at Saint Vincent College. Since she has a passion for meeting and helping others; she hopes to use her field of Marketing to become a professor as well as become a Marketing Manager of a firm someday in a major city. You can find her enjoying time with her friends, drinking salted caramel cappuccinos, or blogging. Also, it wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world to say that she is a Netflix, caffeine, and retail therapy enthusiast. Follow her on Instagram: masonjar_17 and check out her blog at http://youngandtwenty.blogspot.com/.
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!