This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Tomorrow, May 6, 2016, is graduation day! We, the graduating seniors, wanted to take this moment to reflect on our college experiences, and the lessons we have learned. In the past four years, it’s safe to say that each one of us has changed, learned and grown. We are so thankful for our time here at Penn State Behrend, and for the opportunity to be members of Her Campus Penn State Behrend for its first year on campus. We like to say thank you to all of those who helped us along the way- parents, professors, friends and family -we could not have made it without you. Thinking about the future is daunting and sometimes even terrifying, but we’re ready, and we’re so excited to find out what is next. Au Revoir, Collegiettes! HCXO 

Patty C. Schuler- Contributing Writer

What I learned in college:

I learned a lot about myself during my college career, so while yes, studying and keeping a good GPA is important, my biggest take aways from college is this: Do what you want and what makes you happy no matter what anyone else says, because at the end of the day, you have to live with your- decisions no one else.

Words for future students:

I figured out about half way through my college career that I hated going to parties; I didn’t get the same energy everyone else seemed to from the dancing and loud music. I found I had more fun just hanging out and talking with friends on a Saturday night, so my advice for future students is: It’s okay if your form of happiness and fun isn’t the same as everyone else’s. Do what makes you happy whatever that might be. 

Taylor M. Francis- Secretary

What I learned in college:

Over these past four years, I’ve learned a lot. But the most important thing I’ve learned is who I am. Yes, that sounds cliché, but it’s true. I’ve learned about my personal beliefs (political, spiritual, personal, etc.), my morals, and what I value about myself and those I surround myself with. College has taught me a lot class-wise, but the experiences I’ve gained have taught me more; it has taught me to stand up for what I believe in and has made me a stronger person.

Words for future students:

My advice for future students is this: be proud of who you are. College is a time for experimentation (with yourself, not drugs) and figuring out where you fit into the world. Take advantage of that, but know what your boundaries are. Know what you believe in and what you stand for and do not be ashamed of that. You are who you are and there isn’t anybody else in the world like you, so just f*cking own it. 

Maddy R. Reichel- Vice President

What I learned in college:

The most important lesson I’ve learned throughout the past four years is, it’s true what they say: four years flies by faster than you think.

Words for future students:

The most important advice to give to incoming freshmen, and all underclassmen, is go for it. Honestly, to know that you have endless possibilities in this world is truly remarkable and exciting. Don’t limit yourself to one person, one organization, or even one major. Don’t let your relationships define who you are as a person and most certainly respect yourself above all else; you will always be more important. Do it all while you can, and have fun!

Lexie C. Pelchen- President

What I learned in college: 

I have learned so much during the past four years, that it would be impossible for me to tell you everything. Above all, I learned that I have potential, and I can do just about anything, if I put my mind to it- AND YOU CAN TOO. I have learned the importance of taking risks without the fear of failing. I have learned that sometimes, instead of saying, “what if,” you should ask yourself, “why not?”. I have learned about my passions, morals, and dreams. With that being said, I’ve also learned that it’s perfectly okay for your dreams to change! I’ve leared how to love unconditionally. I’ve learned to trust the feelings that you have deep within your bones. Most importantly, I’ve learned that I am totally unstoppable. 

Words for future students:

You hear it all the time, college is the time for you to be anybody that you want to be- I want to tell you why that is a lie. College is not the time for you to be anybody that you want to be. There is no time in life where you get to be anybody that you want to be- you can only be youself. Do not think of college as a time to become someone other than yourself- but rather, use it as a time to redefine exactly who you are. Become a risk-taker, become a leader, become successful, become a scholar, become whatever you want to become, but don’t accredit your success to someone else by having the I can be anybody that I want to be mindset. During my four years, I didn’t become anybody else. Have I changed tremendously? Absolutely- but I don’t like thinking of it in a way that I have changed who I was to become someone else that I liked better. I was always, and will always, be Lexie, however during my time here, I have started crafting Lexie into exactly the person I want her to be. Believe in yourself, always. 

Lions, and Collegiettes, forever. 

Lexie is a senior communication major at Penn State Erie, The Behrend College, specializing in public relations, advertising and social media. She has coined herself as a monogram enthusiast, an unapologetic cat fanatic and a passionate feminist. Lexie started the Her Campus chapter at her school in hopes to leave behind something special to the place that has given her so much. She believes in the power of the written word, a timeless handbag and practicing reckless optimism. To feed her social media addiction, follow her on Twitter and Instagram @leckseepelchen
I'm a senior project and supply chain management major, who hopes to make it big in this thing called life. I have a style that is practical and classic, and a passion for bunnies, champagne and everything Kate Spade.
Work hard; shop harder Senior comm major with an affinity for gold glitter, pineapples, and perfume Twitter @madelinereichel; Instagram @maddyreichel; www.mraereichel.tumblr.com 
As a senior biology major, Taylor is a self-proclaimed feminist with a passion for commas, donuts, and her dog.