Meet Tori Pohlner, Arkansas ASG President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

Tori Pohlner: Arkansas Native, Student, and Role Model to all.

Tori Pohlner couldn’t stay in the small town Wiener, Arkansas forever.  Something about Arkansas was calling her name, whether it was the catchy and traditional calling of the hogs, or the bright Razorback red.  No matter where she goes after graduating this spring, she will always be remembered as a celebrity at the University of Arkansas. 

As the Associated Student Government President, you can only imagine how full this spontaneous and driven woman keeps her calendar, so who better to help her with her presidential campaign than her sorority sisters of Zeta Tau Alpha? Whether it was passing out fliers or being there for mental support, her sisters were always by her side.

As 5 p.m.  rolled around on Election Day, everyone gathered in the lawn of Old Main awaiting the announcement of the new ASG president.  Tori said this exact moment was the most memorable experience that happened to her while at the U of A.  “All I could think of was how much I loved the University, and how no matter what was announced that day, I would stay dedicated to staying involved as long as I could,” Tori said. 

This small town girl achieved her dreams of getting out of Weiner, Arkansas and making a name for herself at a University she fell in love with. 

After asking Tori what the biggest lesson she took away from being president was, her answer may be beneficial to take note of.  She didn’t give the cliché answers such as stay on top of your work or enjoy it while you have it; instead she gave a different insight.  Tori said it might be a little harsh but it was something she had to learn the hard way: “Trust isn’t to be given, it is to be earned, there are people who will lie, cheat, and steal from you, putting themselves first.”

With much success in the years spent at the University, Tori is now finishing her senior year.  Tori is closing the door of her college career and immediately opening another to her professional life. 

Graduating with a Communications major, this hot shot is on her way to the big city of Dallas in a few short weeks where she will begin her career as an IT Recruiter at a national staffing firm. 

If you ever see this campus celebrity around, never hesitate to stop and chat with Tori.  “People are my absolute favorite things,” she said, “I can’t wait to meet new and different people every day.”

Whether you are starting your first semester here at the University or finishing up your last, “I want you to be able to come back in 30 years and show your kids your name on a plaque, the auditorium where you gave that big performance, or the field where your team won.” Tori said.