This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

I know I’m not the only one who was completely devastated when Gossip Girl’s last season ended. We all have Blair and Serena to thank for being there for us all throughout high school and (some) college. The dynamic duo helped us get over our crushes and solve our day to day first world problems. In all seriousness, though, Gossip Girl has really important life lessons that we should all remember.

1. “Sometimes you need to step outside, clear your head and remind yourself of who you are. And where you wanna be. And sometimes you have to venture outside your world in order to find yourself.”

2. “In life, as in art, some endings are bittersweet. Especially when it comes to love. Sometimes fate throws two lovers together only to rip them apart. Sometimes the hero finally makes the right choice but the timing is all wrong. And, as they say, timing is everything.”

3. “We make our own fortunes, and call them fate. And what better excuse to choose a path than to insist it’s our destiny? But at the end of the day, we all have to live with our choices … no matter who’s looking over our shoulder.”

4. “A wise woman once said that every morning when you wake up you say a little prayer. After all, you never know what your day may hold.”

5. “But our most dangerous enemies are the ones we never knew we had.”

6. “You often find, what you least expect is right in front of you. Waiting to change everything forever. Whether you want to or not.”

7. “They say the only way to conquer your fear is face what you fear the most. You must walk into the belly of the beast. And risk the possibility of failure. But try to hide from your fear, and you risk it swallowing you whole.”

Hannah has a love for beauty, fashion, and trying new products! Add her on Intsagram and Twitter: @hannahvls