This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

To my three amazing littles,

You may not know it, but you three have completely changed my life. I had no idea what was in store for me when I took you into my family. I was excited to be a big, and excited to expand my family, but there was no way I could have prepared myself for what was to come.

I had a great relationship with my family before you came into my life – which included the best big I could ask for and a twin that would become one of my best friends. It was just us three and I didn’t want a thing to change. I vowed to only take one little, because I wanted a small and tight-knit family. I went into my sophomore year searching for that one girl that would complete my family. Little did I know, I would find three of you.

When recruitment was over and bid day came along, I knew I had found the one. You were from my hometown and I had known you for years. I cried when the final list came out, because all I wanted was for your name to be on it. (Yes, I cried actual tears) I didn’t think I could be any happier. You were finally a part of my chapter and I loved you so much. I knew you would be my little, because we had been soul mates since high school. I was so happy to show you the ropes and why my sorority was so amazing. Now, I am so proud of how much you have grown. Four years ago I never would have expected that we would still be this close. I never would have expected that you would be a part of my family forever. And I definitely never expected to love you more than I already did. But here we are, four years later and I wouldn’t change a thing.

I didn’t see you coming. I was still dead set on only having one little, then you came along. You were sassy and spunky and I needed you in my life. When we started getting closer and learned more about each other, I knew we had a connection that I couldn’t overlook. You completely changed my mindset. When I found out you wanted me to be your big, it was done. I knew you had to be a part of my family. You were everything that I wasn’t, and you balanced me out perfectly. It didn’t take long for me to love you, because you were so easy to love. I admired how passionate you were about school, and how much you cared for your friends. I wanted to be more like you, which I truly believe has made me a better person. I am so lucky to have found you, because we both know I would be even more of a mess than I already am if I hadn’t.

Last, but certainly not least, you. You had your own family, but I treated you like my own. You were best friends with both of my littles, and through them I got to know and love you. We had almost everything in common, right down to our name. You were my mini-me and getting to know you was truly a blessing. When your big decided to drop our sorority, I instantly knew I had to adopt you. You were already like family to us. Although three littles was a lot, I will never regret the decision to officially make you a part of our clan. We all agreed that our family was where you belonged. Now, we are going to be roommates. I can’t wait to see where next year takes us, and I know living with you will be a year to remember. Your free-spirit and love for life reminds me to cherish every day.

I truly can’t thank the three of you enough. I never knew I could love three humans so much. You turned my world upside down and I couldn’t be more grateful. You have taught me responsibility, fearlessness and compassion. You have taught me how to be selfless and versatile. But most importantly, you have taught me sisterhood. I thought I knew what sisterhood was, but I never truly felt it until you three came into my life. Now that your freshman year is coming to an end, you will be getting littles of your own soon. I hope you love them as much as I love you. I hope they teach you as much as you have taught me. Most importantly, I hope you find that someone (or some ones) that you can’t live without, just like I found you three. I can’t wait for this next chapter in your lives, and to expand our family even more.

Love ALWAYS,

Your big.

Jordan is from a small town called Coppell, Texas, but has moved to Fayetteville to attend college. She is the Editor-In-Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Arkansas. She is a junior at the University of Arkansas, who is majoring in Journalism (with an AD/PR emphasis) and minoring in Communications. Her interests include E! network, everything Kardashians and cats.