If We Acted Like Kanye West: Collegiette Version

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

Lets be honest, Kanye West is the man we love to hate. Or if you are like me, you are vaguely inspired by his audacity to be bluntly honest. As much as I love T-Swift, I was obsessed with Yeezy’s confidence on that Grammy stage. Yes, he takes things too far, but with talent comes confidence I suppose. Kanye West, in my mind, is the best friend we wish we had- and at times wish we were ourselves. Confident, talented, unforgiving and sassy AF. The Chainsmokers said it best, “I wanna be like Kanye.” Listed below are the situations that we ALL deal with, and how Ye would do it all- well, Yeezy style. 

*Enjoy!*

1. When your history teacher anounces a pop quiz, over the material you just learned… five minutes ago. *Peasants*

“I feel like I’m too busy writing history to read it”- Ye 

2. When the boy you are low key obsessed with is at your favorite bar.. with another girl… that you hate…..  *Bye Felicia* 

“I am Warhol. I am the No. 1 most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare in the flesh.” – Ye

3. When your ex tells you not to go to a certain fraterity function or event.

“Nobody can tell me where I can and can’t go”- Ye

4. When your friends tell you to stop driving so wrecklessly.

“Nothing in life is promised except for death.” – Ye 

5. When your parents call and tell you that how much you spent on the card this month was absolutely *unacceptable*.

“If you have the opportunity to to play this game of life you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don’t appreciate the moment until it’s passed” – Ye 

6. When your friends tell you to stop doing karaoke at the bar.. and that you are embarrassing everyone.

“I am God’s vessle. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” – Ye

7. When the campus book store tells you the total cost of the semesters books.

“I would never want a books autograph. I am a proud non-reader of books”- Ye 

8. When someone tells you that your obsession with American Horror Story on Netflix has gone too far.

“The dark diction has become America’s addiction”- Ye 

9. After you give a bomb a$$ speech in a class.

“I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice.” – Ye 

10. When you get the internship you wanted and your ex is still searching.

“Success is the best revenge”- Ye 

11. When people say you only hang out with certain people.

“If you know you’re the best it only makes sense for you to surround yourself with the best. NO EXCEPTIONS” – Ye 

12. When a boy says he is too broke to take you on a date but wants you to come over and “watch movies” .

“Having money isn’t everything, not having it is.“- Ye 

13. When your friends make fun of you for looking ratchet during your 8am on Friday.

“The prettiest people do the ugliest things.”- Ye 

14. When the guy you low key don’t like asks why you can’t devote more time to them.

“I wonder…would you rather have 100 from an average person or 10 from someone who is outstanding” – Ye

15. When your bff goes through a bad *emphasis on bad* break up and wants to go hard .

“The plan was, we drink until the pain is over but whats worse,the pain or the hangover?”- Ye 

University of Arkansas Kappa Delta attempting to go through college while maintaining a social life.