This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

At every age, the first week of school is a big deal. The first week of college is no exception. Between finding your classes, adjusting to dorm life, and running about 10,000 errands (don’t worry, we all left something vital at home during the move), it can be easy to get wrapped up in the motions and not stop to actually look around or enjoy the experience. Below is a list of daily activities to keep your first week fun and to help you get acquainted with the campus and Fayetteville itself. 

Monday: Explore the Campus.

You may or may not get lost on your first day of class. Either way, it helps to get acquainted with the campus considering the amount of time you will be spending there over the next few years. Gather some friends and go explore. You will be surprised at the amount of study rooms and resources you may come across. It will also make finding your Tuesday classes easier.

Tuesday: Try one of Fayetteville’s many local restaurants.

When it comes to food, Fayetteville does not disappoint. Get off campus and take a break from the dining halls (you survived your first two days, you deserve it). There are many restaurant options both on the square and on Dickson street. Read some online reviews or just walk around and happen upon a place. There is a restaurant for just about every palette.   

Wednesday: Take a work out class

Getting fit just got a whole lot more fun. The Arkansas Recreation Center offers a wide variety of exercise classes for free. Want a laugh? Try Zumba with your friends. You may get an additional ab workout from laughing at your own dance moves.

Thursday: Netflix night with your floor mates

Well you don’t HAVE to watch Netflix (but like, who doesn’t want to watch Netflix?), but get to know your floor mates. You have to coexist with them for the next year so you might as well get to know them. Plus, it will make bathroom encounters way less awkward. 

Friday: Get Outdoors

Congratulations. You survived your first week of college.  Reward yourself with some fresh air (given that it’s not 110 degrees outside). There are many outdoor activities in this scenic city.  Feeling adventurous? Drive 40 minutes south of Fayetteville to hike Devils Den. Want to stick around town? Go on a walk around Lake Fayetteville or relax in Wilson Park. Enjoy the weather before those ice storms start hitting in a few months.  

Born and raised in Kansas City. Sophomore at the University of Arkansas.