Campus Celebrity: Kelsey Emmons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

Campus Celebrity 

Kelsey Emmons 

Any senior who manages a 3.5 GPA, a sorority, a bomb a$$ internship with The University of Arkansas Athletic Marketing Department, while simultaneously traveling Europe obviously is a prime candidate for campus celeb! Meet Kelsey Emmons, who prefers tequila shots to a vodka soda any day (our kind of girl). This t-swizzle established 22-year-old Kappa Delta from Frisco, Texas has class, opinions and a wardrobe to die for. Her infectious smile and positive attitude is what truly makes her a hit on campus, though. Boys, beware unless you can get along with her parents! Kelsey’s biggest deal breaker in a realtionship are guys who don’t make the effort to make it good with her family. Kelsey has two siblings, one of which is a Kappa Sigma at Arkansas (a good way to make nice nice with the fambam boys)! Along with being a total babe, Kelsey loves hanging out with her best friends going to Dickson or just hanging out around Fayetteville being outdoorsy. Speaking of Dickson – after breaking her ankle and foot this summer, Kelsey was forced to wear a boot while out on Dickson for a month. After she missed the step up into the bar stool, she face planted in front of a lot of people. Knowing Kelsey, however, she probably recovered like a boss. 

This past summer Kelsey was traveling all over Western Europe! She was accepted to study abroad at Oxford and Cambridge University this past summer and got to travel to some really ah-maz-ing places. Barcelona was her favorite because of the beach and all the beautiful architeture. (Author’s note: if you ever get the chance to go to Barcelona, GO! It’s beautiful!) Her internship in combination with her study abroad launched Kelsey into a whole new ballgame for her future. Her five year plan includes being estbalished in a big city, working for a great company or in collegiate sports and surrounded by great people! 

Being a senior and having graduation impending *ahhhh* Kelsey’s greatest advice for freshman and sophomores is “to live your college years up! It goes by so quick. If you are able to go out with friends on a weekday, do it! Drive to an away football game. Take every opportunity that is put your way and run with it!” Living life to the fullest is something everyone should do especially in college. With only 4 (unless you take that victory lap) years in college, we should all follow Kelsey’s advice and live it up! Her greatest memory in college was living in the Kappa Delta house her sophmore year of college in which she became so close to her 2011 pledge class and always had something fun to do. Through her personal endeavors, Kelsey’s biggest influence at college is by far the best friends she has made along the way. Sounds like a pretty good life to me!

Follow Kelsey on social media via:

Twitter: @emmons_kl

Instagram: @kemmons2

University of Arkansas Kappa Delta attempting to go through college while maintaining a social life.