This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

Whether you are looking for a good book to read while on the beach or if you need a way to keep you busy during your stay-cation, this novel list will not dissappoint.

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth

Hitting the big screens over break, Divergent is a must-read series and the next big thing in futuristic fiction.  This page-turner will have you hooked within the first chapter.  If you are a Hunger Games fan, this should be the next series on your list.    

2. Gone Girl by Gillian FlynnSet in small town, Missouri, this psychological novel will leave you in awe at the complexities of the human mind.  You will not be able to believe the plot twists in this missing-person mystery until you read it yourself. 

3. Bossy Pants by Tina Fey

Every woman should be required to read Tina Fey’s  autobiography, Bossypants.  This novel addresses growing up and becoming a professional while packing all of the humor that we expect from this comedic goddess.

4. Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne FowlerIn light of the DiCaprio-fueled Gatsby craze, this fictitious novel is written from the perspective of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s wife, Zelda.  A wealthy southern belle gone scandalous flapper, the glamour of the Roaring ’20s is embodied through this book.

5. The Fault in our Stars by John GreeneIf you need a tear-jerker, this is the book for you.  Beautiful and worth re-reading

Born and raised in Kansas City. Sophomore at the University of Arkansas.