5 Ways To Make this School Year Count

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

Her Campus Arkansas wants you to make this year count, so here is some advice to have an amazing school year at the University of Arkansas!

1. THINK BIG or small

The more ideas/plans you have, the more overwhelmed you become with actually accomplishing them. For instance, I always want to join at least 10 organizations around campus once school starts. When in reality, I join merely two or three. Trust me. It is ok if you are not the superstar on campus. I find it better to be dedicated to a few clubs and work hard with those team members. This also goes for setting school year goals. If you have a huge workload this semester and you want to aim for all A’s, do not beat yourself up if you end up with one B. It is ok! You are in college balancing a million things, so keep calm.

2. Do something out of the ordinary

Did you know there is a food committee that wants to hear student’s opinions on the dining hall services?  There are plenty of unordinary organizations that can whet your appetite of spontaneity. So maybe try something new or a little odd.  

3. Help someone

There is no better feeling than successfully helping someone out. Whether it is a stranger or a dear friend, being helpful can be good on your conscience. Once a week you can volunteer somewhere or even help someone with a course you have already taken. This is a great way to bring more positive vibes into your school year.

4. Stay focused

I swear this is the hardest task I have to do everyday, but I have learned life is easier once I stay focus. Instead of pushing something off to the side, finish it right then. Of course if you are absolutely not feeling it, take a break. But if you can finish it, do it! This is a skill that is hard to master because there are so many distractions in college. Wouldn’t you rather be less stressed than thinking about all the things you have to do, though? Being productive and proactive can make you go far in life.

5. Relax and enjoy the year

If you ever feel like things are getting tough, take a breather. There is nothing more important in life than taking care of yourself! Make sure you are happy and stay positive. Going out with your friends can change a terrible day into an amazing week. Reading a book can stimulate your mind and relieve stress. Studying an extra hour can make a B into an A on a test. This is the ultimate time of your life and Her Campus Arkansas hopes to guide you in your college experience!

Image Source: Google Images

I am a junior at the University of Arkansas studying Public Relations and minoring in German.I have a passion for fashion and I hope to move to New York. I dream of working in the fashion industry focusing in PR. I have a love for runway shows, Netflix, Blogging, international cuisines, traveling, Dr. Seuss, shopping, and mostly getting to know others. I am always looking towards the future and my motto is: "Fake it til' you make it."