WRECKruitment week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

From someone who just went through a week of blood, sweat, and tears these are my inside tips on how to survive rush, or more formally known as sorority recruitment.

After this process I can honestly say that I will never be scared to meet my potential boyfriend’s family ever again. If I learned one thing from recruitment it’s how to small talk for 30+ mins. For a whole week I had the same conversations from 8 am to 6 pm at 8 different houses. By the end of the day if I told one more person that I plan to  major in psychology but might do premed and that I want to study abroad in either Barcelona or Australia, I was about to cry. If you weren’t already before, rush week makes you incredibly comfortable with crying in public. Every morning you start your day seeing five or more girls crying and ruining their makeup that you know took two hours to apply. However, believe it or not, at the end of the day everything definitely works out.  Honestly, recruitment is NOT a fun and happy process and although it is definitely going to sound stupid and hard to believe, you need to trust “the system” and keep in mind that everything happens for a reason. At the end of the day, if you got dropped from your first second or even last choice, it’s for a reason. Everyone somehow ends up where they belong with 200 new best friends who become your family. Sorority recruitment will not be fun but take it from me what comes ahead makes it all worth it.

Her Campus Tulane