Ways To Pretend It’s Fall in NOLA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

It may not feel like it outside, but technically it is fall everywhere else. Here are some ways to get festive- for my personal favorite season- and pretend like it’s actually fall outside!!

If you’re a fan of pumpkins, make everything pumpkin 

You may think fall is a time for pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin candles, pumpkin carving, etc. etc. but now businesses have been catching onto the pumpkin craze and you can get anything your heart desires in a pumpkin flavor. To really step your fall up a notch, check out some of these items offered in 2016 to make your fall filled with pumpkin everything.

It can’t be fall if it doesn’t smell like fall!!!

Make your home ready by buying all the candles you can in various autumn flavors like: apple anything (my fav), leaves (not just an object- leaves have a distinct smell no matter what the kind of tree), maple syrup, pumpkin spice, anything cinnamon, and various other flavors like “crisp fall night” that you’ll just have to trust smell like the season.

Wear fall colors & fashions:

If you’re wearing: burgundy, burnt orange, forest green, brown, cream then you’re definitely ready for fall. Check out an article from last week that has more fall fashions of the year. My fav fall fashion is putting a flannel on anything, but only wear this inside because it’s still 85 degrees out yayyyy!!!

Drink cider

Nothing says fall like fresh apple cider. Bonus points if you make it into an apple cinamon mimosa or sangria (ty Buzzfeed)  

Put leaves everywhere

If you really want to feel fall, get fake leaves from Michaels and put them on the ground or in your house as decorations. Because nothing says fall like a fall leaf garland

Switch to hot coffee & tea

These will warm you up in your the chill of your dorm/house air conditioning (warning: only drink inside since it’s so hot out)

Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Tulane Chapter Senior at Tulane University Majoring in Psychology, Minoring in Public Health Originally from Fort Myers, Florida
Her Campus Tulane