Trendy and Functional Backpacks for Fashionistas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Looking trendy is a day-to-day concern for many college students, but can sometimes be a struggle. When we feel like we look fashionable, we usually feel better about ourselves. However, between the jam-packed days, late nights studying (or partying), and lack of sleep, it is easy to neglect taking the time to make this effort while getting dressed for classes. One thing that is always constant with the school day is how we carry our books. Oversized purses can seriously hurt your shoulder, so it’s healthier to carry a backpack. A cute backpack can ensure that your outfit is stylishly accessorized, while allowing you to stay comfortable and organized!

This backpack by Fjallraven is a personal favorite. The bag comes in many styles and sizes that are compatible for any laptop. One of the components I like most about this bag is that it feels light and looks really small, but has so much space and great organizational compartments. Plus, it comes in tons of cute colors! 

The pebbled leather and gold hardware on this backpack are sure to make this an edgy touch to any outfit. The snap closure on the main compartment make it easy to throw things in when in a rush. There are also smaller interior and exterior zip pockets for easy access to your keys or phone. 

For the lover of a conventional backpack style, this Herschel Settlement backpack is a must. Following the basic design of a classic backpack, it adds features like a laptop sleeve, a key clasp in the small front zip pocket, and even has an opening for headphone wires (such a #tbt to L.L. Bean backpacks in middle school!). The neutral khaki front panel is complemented by quirky polka dots and bright turquoise straps, and makes the standard backpack model a little more unique. Herschel makes this backpack in hundreds of beautiful colors and fabric choices! 

Finally, for the girly-girl, this pink Fossil bag is totally cute, but also very durable. It’s even water resistant! There are smaller interior zip pockets, space for a laptop, and two water bottle holders. The pink, retro owl print is maturely enhanced by the brown leather handles and trim. This bag has tons of space and will add a pop of color to any outfit! 

Her Campus Tulane