Sonal Shah: Breaking Down Boundaries of Business

Posted -

Newcomb College Institute recently hosted Sonal Shah, who came to speak to Tulane students about pushing traditional boundaries of business and social norms. An inspirational individual indeed, Shah has served as the Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of the first White House Office of Social Innovation and Civc Participation, worked with Google, was the Vice President at Goldman Sachs, and co-founded Indicorps. She  strived to motivate students interested in the non-profit sector. By speaking about the ethics of funding in economics, Shah was informative while encouraging students to push boundaries and really get into the private sector themselves for hands on experience. 

Comments

About The Author

Rebecca Shinners is a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and Photo Intern/Freelancer at O, The Oprah Magazine. She graduated from Boston University in 2014 with a BS in Journalism and concentration in Photojournalism. She got her start in magazines writing for Her Campus and was previously an Editor for both Her Campus BU and Her Campus Tulane. Her work has also appeared in Seventeen Magazine, Teen Vogue, Bustle.com, Hamptons Magazine, and Newsday. When Rebecca isn't busy writing and taking pictures, she can be found shopping, petting puppies, wearing the color mint, and going to concerts.

More: http://rebeccashinners.weebly.com/