Returning From Abroad As Told By 30 Rock

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

So you just spent your semster abroad, and let’s be honest it was like so completely ~lifechanging~ ~eye opening~ and ~cultural~. You’ve gotten home, spent the holidays with your family, and are getting ready to go back to school. Once you realize you aren’t going back to your chosen foreign country, but instead to good old NOLA, things can get a little difficult.

Some people are like:

While others are all like:

So you land, get off the plane, and into your United Cab. First thing you do is, of course, reunite with your #squad and you’re all like:

Of course, they have to fill you in on all of the new Tulane secrets (new Bruff?? Palms 21+??? LIBRARY IS DONE??????)

No NOLA return is complete without a trip to The Boot, so you head over as soon as you’re done packing. You hand over your ID, enter, and try to blend in with all of the new Tulanians (class of 2019, fellow juniors you feeling old yet?)

But, like any other Boot night, it ends up like this with you crying about how much you miss the wine/beer/etc. from your old host contry:

The post-abroad sadness sticks with you for a few weeks, but once you realize how great New Orleans is and how close Mardi Gras is you’re like:

Current Tulane senior studying English and Communications. Contact: sydneyclarke@hercampus.com
Her Campus Tulane