Pumpkin Spice: Beyond the Latte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Happy October, aka Pumpkin Spice season! While you may be seeing a ton of PSL (pumpkin spice latte, duh) pics showing up on your ‘gram recently, there is way more to pumpkin spice than just coffee. Modern technology has allowed us to move forward into various other industries, including alcohol and burgers. For everyone that loves pumpkin but hates being called basic, these products are for you. (Complete with my very own pumpkin rating system… 1-4 scale from worst to high Instagram like possibility)

1.     The Pumpkin Spice Burger

Okay, this one is only available in Japan, but we can dream right? Enjoy your favorite BK Whopper with fried pumpkin slices and a nut butter sauce.

Verdict: 4 pumpkins. I don’t hate it, honestly. I could see this doing pretty well with the post 12am burger crowd. Sign me up.

2.     Pumpkin Spice Hummus

Cedar’s released their own take on the pumpkin spice trend in the form of hummus. Dip some carrots or other favorite hummus paring in this.

Verdict: 1 pumpkin. There is no possible way that this is in any way shape or form edible. Respect the effort, but no.

3.     Pumpkin Spice Burnett’s

“Spice” (lol) up your pregame with pumpkin spice flavored vodka! The Burnett’s website speaks for itself: “with its nutmeg, cloves, star anise, cinnamon and sweet pumpkin flavor, Burnett’s Pumpkin Spice Vodka is literally like drinking a pumpkin pie. A pumpkin pie that you did not have to bake.”

Verdict: 3 pumpkins. I personally have a long standing love/hate relationship with Burnett’s, but I see how this could be tasty. Maybe use it to spike your PSL.

4.     Pumpkin Spice Pet Shampoo

Now you can bring the joy of pumpkin spice to your pets! There is also a pumpkin spice pet conditioner to match. Fall-y!

Verdict: 3 pumpkins. I don’t hate the idea of little cinnamon smelling pets, but at the same time I don’t see why it’s necessary.

5.     Pumpkin Spice Lasagna

Pumpkin spice flavored pasta is here to add a kick of fall to your Italian food.

Verdict: 2 pumpkins. With the right sauce, it could be kind of pumpkin ravioli esq. Any other way I can’t imagine eating this.

Current Tulane senior studying English and Communications. Contact: sydneyclarke@hercampus.com
Her Campus Tulane