Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

Meet Our Staff: Tessa Patti

By Gabrielle Gardiner
March 24, 2014 - 9:17am

Year: 2015 Hometown: Merrick, NY Major: Political Science & Social Policy Horoscope: Cancer What made you want to get involved with Her Campus? I wrote for my high school newspaper and it wasn’t as creative as I would have liked, so I thought Her Campus would be a different, better outlet for my writing. I also love that it targets an audience I can relate to best. What else are you involved in on campus? I work at the Student Organization Center and I’m a member of Alpha Lambda Delta. Favorite dessert of all time: Banana Cream King Cake at Domenica in downtown New Orleans. READ MORE

21 Signs You Go To Tulane

By Erin Rusonis, Brittany Kottler, STAFF
March 24, 2014 - 9:00am

Home to the biggest college party and so much more, here are the signs that you are a Green Wave, courtesy of the Her Campus Tulane Staff.  21 Signs You Go to Tulane:  READ MORE

Cheap NOLA Eats

By Sydney Clarke
March 23, 2014 - 11:43pm

So you did it. You finally convinced your brother/sister/friend/boyfriend/girlfriend/cousin/friend of friend/etc. to come down to NOLA. You have your days all planned out with plenty of visits to the French Market and Bourbon Street. But what about food? Friends visiting (especially those of the college variety) is a much different experience than having parents coming to town. So what do you do when Commander's Palace and Delmonico aren't on your cash flow radar? You bring your friends to some great cheap eats! 1. Ba Chi Canteen READ MORE

It’s Going Down I’m Yellin’ TINDER

By Lexie Ziegler
March 23, 2014 - 9:19am

Last winter, when my sister introduced me to a dating app called Tinder, I seriously questioned her sanity. Why did she, a pretty, socially adept girl, want an e-dating profile? She claimed that it was funny and entertaining, but I still made fun of her for having the app. READ MORE

Lessons Learned While Studying Abroad

By Brittany Kottler
March 22, 2014 - 9:21am

My friends and I often reminisce on those magical four months of our first semester of junior year- also known as abroad.  My time spent in Prague and all over Europe taught me a lot about art (The Louvre is big and Mona Lisa is small), food (cheese is its own food group), and wine (I miss you $2 bottles).  Here’s a run-down of what I learned during my travels: Prague: No matter how hard I try, I will never be able to say more than hello in Czech (Dobry den!) READ MORE

Life as an Upperclassman

By Samantha Rosen
March 21, 2014 - 9:44am

My roommates and I realized something the other night – we’re old. We’re living in a house off-campus, applying for jobs and internships, and wondering what we’re going to do when we graduate in a little over a year. It’s a totally different world than it was when we were freshmen only two years ago. I’ll let you in on a few insights that come with being an #old upperclassmen at Tulane… Meals READ MORE

The Dirt on Celebrity Gossip Sites

By Isabella Jaye
March 20, 2014 - 9:25am

It’s no secret that we all procrastinate. Watching endless hours of "Grey’s Anatomy" on Netflix? Making vending machine runs? Facebook stalking people we haven’t talked to in years? Check, check and check. READ MORE

5 Ways To Eat Healthy (While Living Off Campus)

By Anna Rajo-Miller
March 20, 2014 - 9:07am

College students love to complain about food because to be honest, when juggling a tight  budget and busy schedule, it can be tricky to factor in healthy eating. If you're living on campus, you are limited to buffet-style, unhealthy cafeteria food. If you're living off campus, you have to find time to shop, cook and clean up after all your meals.  As a junior, this is my first year living in an off-campus apartment with access to my own full kitchen. Here are five things I do to make sure I always have healthy meals and snacks on hand.  READ MORE

Pound: The Latest Exercise Craze

By Asia Bradlee
March 18, 2014 - 9:48am

Group exercise classes are a great way to break up your usual gym routine.  If you’re sick of the usual Pilates, yoga, or Zumba classes, try out the latest trend, Pound. READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Meaghan

By Peri Novick
March 18, 2014 - 9:47am

Name: Meaghan Fitzgerald Year: 2016 Hometown: Larchmont, New York Major: Marketing How did you become involved in her campus? I hear about it through the club fair at the beginning of the year so I applied and I got it! Do you have any hidden talents? I am really good at doing people's makeup! If you could… ...Be a Disney princess? READ MORE