Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

Why Luff is the Move

By Isabel Goldstein
December 9, 2013 - 9:10am

So as we all wait for our finals to start, we look for ways to distract ourselves from the painful hours of studying that lie ahead. The easiest way to do so is by eating, but unfortunatel, eating at Bruff just doesn’t always cut it. During this stressful week, 3 big meals a day with snacks in between is key. For those of you that can’t do another dinner at Bruff, walk an extra 5 minutes and go to “Luff." "Luff” is the better, Loyola version of Bruff. Here are the 5 reasons why Luff is the go-to place: READ MORE

Puppy Videos to Make You Smile

By Abbie Levenson
December 8, 2013 - 10:50pm

Finals week is finally here, whether we like it or not. We have all been through a couple of stressful weeks since Thanksgiving break ended, but we’re going to need to take breaks periodically or else we’re going to go insane. Instead of mindlessly scrolling through Facebook, we at Her Campus Tulane know the best way to spend a break and de-stress: watching videos upon videos of cute puppies! Dogs are truly the way to a woman’s heart (sorry boys, if you thought flowers and chocolate were going to cover it), and they never fail to brighten a day. Thanks to a BuzzFeed post, I have been looking at dog videos nonstop! READ MORE

Push Play! -A Holly Jolly Playlist With the Help of Buddy the Elf

By Erin Rusonis
December 8, 2013 - 6:53pm

It's that time again...finals. Are you making it through? In need of some procrastination? Well you're in luck because I have another Push Play! playlist for you, full of holly jolly Christmas tunes to help you get pumped for break!  Remember, even when you are feeling like this... There is a solution! Check out Exam Week as Told by Buddy the Elf: READ MORE

Light Thanksgiving Leftovers

By Asia Bradlee
December 2, 2013 - 9:25am

After Thanksgiving, besides finding myself in a food coma, I know that I still end up eating the leftovers for many days afterwards.  Instead of eating the same old mashed potatoes and turkey everyday, there are always great recipes to mix it up and create new from the old.  Here are three healthy Thanksgiving leftover recipes to help you recover and still enjoy the massive amounts of food turkey left in the fridge! READ MORE

Free On Campus Student Performances to Attend

By Anna Rajo-Miller
December 2, 2013 - 9:17am

Back from Thanksgiving Break and all of a sudden you're living in the library studying for finals? Take a break from the books and head to some of these amazing on campus performances. All of them absolutely free and student created and performed. Whether it's comedy, a capella or dance, come support some of Tulane's talent and attend a show- there is nothing better than productive procratination. Happy studying and happy performance attending!  Etch-A-Sketch Comedy Presents Sketchual Tension What: Come check out Tulane's one and only sketch comedy troupe perform a hilarious set of student written and performed comedy! This show will help you laugh away your finals stress and anxiety. READ...

The 5 Phases of Studying in Howie T

By Margaret Stolte
November 27, 2013 - 9:04am

As finals start approaching, the anxiety of where to study and how to best execute that time sets in. Studying options on campus are pretty limited, unless you're up to arriving at PJ's promptly when it opens in the morning and fighting to the death to preserve your booth, or stalking a study room in the LBC for 24 hours straight. Here are the 5 Phases of Studying in Howie T, when those cubicle walls start to feel like they're drawing in and the clausterphobia and struggle get terribly, terribly real. 1. Couches outside of PJ's - 1st Floor READ MORE

The Ultimate Guide To Thanksgivingukkah

By Sydney Clarke
November 26, 2013 - 9:02am

It's almost time for one of the most rare, filling, and awesome holidays—Thanksgivingukkah. In case you haven’t heard of this magical occurrence (it’s pretty much the unicorn of holidays), let me fill you in. Thanksgivingukkah is a mixture of Thanksgiving and Hanukkah, and has not been seen since 1888. On this one, special day, you can light your Menorah while eating your turkey and cranberry with a side of latkes. In case you still don’t know how to celebrate (November 28th everyone), here is your ultimate guide to Thanksgivingukkah festivities. What’s for dinner? READ MORE

Restaurants to Be Thankful For in New Orleans

By Isabel Goldstein
November 25, 2013 - 9:13am

As Thanksgiving rolls around, we all start to think about what we’re thankful for; family, friends, and our health. As most of us go home for a great home cooked meal, we are more than thankful to have any meal that’s not Bruff. But, one thing to keep in mind over Thanksgiving is that in New Orleans we are surrounded by good food. Yes, it’s unrealistic to go get a good bite to eat with friends a few times a week, but sometimes we just need to splurge. Especially when we need a reminder that we are in the great city of New Orleans, the food capital of the country. READ MORE

So Chivalry Is Dying, But Is Dating Also?

By Zoe Kantor
November 25, 2013 - 1:00am

Last time, I spoke about how upperclassmen boys date freshman girls because they can get away with about as much effort as it takes to order Jimmy Johns. And, if it roots to boys being lazy or girls being easy. This week, I’m going to talk about why our generation “dates” the way we do, and if boys are really the root cause.    READ MORE

Holiday Teasers

By Caroline Van Dyke
November 22, 2013 - 9:09am

The impending doom of finals and final papers may be creeping up around campus, dignifying a much needed inspiration break. It's hard to find someone who doesn't instantly perk up at the thought and vision of the holidays. In the face of deadlines it can be helpful to visualize a time not buried beneath books and stress. These clips can do the trick. I dare you to look at these pictures and not get excited about the holidays. Lights, candles, fireplaces, snow... Not to mention no more classes and the end of finals! Here's to forward-thinking?  READ MORE