Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

5 Mistakes You Don't Know You're Making on LinkedIn

By Erin Rusonis
February 16, 2014 - 8:10pm

You hear the buzz, everyone is saying how great LinkedIn is, but you find yourself thinking,  "What? I just don't get it." No fear! Here are the top 5 mistakes you are making on LinkedIn and how to fix them.   1. Not having a picture! READ MORE

In Defense of the “Tulane Sorority Girls are B*******” Video

By Samantha Rosen
February 11, 2014 - 9:15am

READ MORE

How To Spend Valentine's Day With Your Girl Friends

By Peri Novick
February 10, 2014 - 4:01pm

Forget about that b****** with boyfriends. You’ve got your girl friends!  So here is how to spend Valentine's Day with your girl friends. Girls Night Out Who says dinner dates are just for couples? Make a reservation and spend the night on the town with your main gals.  Girls Night In Don't feel like going out? No worries! A night of chocoloate, Netflix, and gossip may be just what you needed.  Movie Marathon READ MORE

The Importance of the "Aerie Real" Campaign

By Asia Bradlee
February 10, 2014 - 9:38am

Stop what you’re doing right now and go take a look at some of your favorite lingerie, bathing suit, and online shopping websites.  Notice something they all have in common?  These days, it’s completely normal to see beautiful, size 0 models with protruding hipbones and flawless, perfectly tan skin.  The negative effects of these images have more of an impact than we sometimes realize and can create all kinds of problems, both psychological and physical, for young women.  One company, however, has created a new campaign that makes a giant step in improving girls’ perceptions about body image.   READ MORE

How to Celebrate Galentine's Day

By Anna Rajo-Miller
February 10, 2014 - 9:33am

First of all, for those of you plebeians that don't religiously watch Parks and Rec, let me enlighten you on the wonder that is Galentine's Day. Every February 13th, Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) throws a party to celebrate the women in her life. Boyfriends and husbands are left at home and it's a just a bunch of ladies celebrating ladies. Often, if you are single, celebrating Valentine's Day with your other single girlfriends can feel a little depressing and forced. By celebrating the women in your life on a totally differnt holiday, there isn't any feeling other than absolute love for your girlfriends! Having celebrated Galentine's Day early this year, I've compiled a list of tips for how you can celebrate yours!...

5 Movies You’re Sure to Fall in Love with on Valentines Day

By Isabella Jaye
February 10, 2014 - 9:02am

If you’ve left Tulane’s campus or turned on the TV anytime in the month of February, you’ll understand how difficult it is to miss the signs that Valentines day is fast approaching: candy lining the store shelves, jewelry commercials popping up on TV and restaurants advertising special super romantic dinners. READ MORE

Five Quick Resume Fixes

By Becki Schwartz
February 6, 2014 - 9:31am

Simplify your resume: Everyone tells you to “stand out” with your resume, and that if you don’t make yourself noticeable you’ll be lost in a sea of CVs. Don’t fall into the that flashy trap! Standing out doesn’t mean colorful designs (unless you’re a graphic designer) or crowding your resume with any and everything you’ve ever participated in. Stand out by showing that you’re professional and to the point. Only put what you can speak about extensively and is most recent. Your resume is where your interviewer looks for questions to ask you, and you don’t want to be wasting precious impression making time by thinking back to that community service project in middle school.  READ MORE

Get Motivated to Get Fit

By Peri Novick
February 5, 2014 - 9:26am

Going to the gym should not be something you dread doing. And if you make it a habit and a part of your daily routine then it will begin to be something you do without having to think about it. But if you are still finding it hard to choose going to the gym over taking a nap...here are 4 ways to help get that motivation back! 1. Mix up your workouts. Don’t just go the gym, do cardio for an hour, and leave. That gets boring and makes the gym seem less appealing. End your workout in the weight room. You don’t need to be trying to get buff and figure out what those machines are for, just go to the mat and stretch and do your own exercises. And if you can’t think of any workouts, there is always an app for that! ...

Why We Need to Stop Being So Critical of New Albums

By Margaret Stolte
February 4, 2014 - 3:25pm

READ MORE

The 6 Restaurants to Cure Your Hangover

By Isabel Goldstein
February 4, 2014 - 9:43am

We’ve all been there: that awful, gloomy, hungover Sunday morning, when we’re hungry and dead, and the thought of Bruff makes us even more nauseous than we already are. Fortunately, we are in New Orleans and have thousands of restaurants that can resolve our hangover and turn us back into happy human beings. I made a list of my personal favorites that are perfect hangover cures and listed pros and cons of each. 1)   Satsuma READ MORE