Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

It’s Going Down I’m Yellin’ TINDER

By Lexie Ziegler
March 23, 2014 - 9:19am

Last winter, when my sister introduced me to a dating app called Tinder, I seriously questioned her sanity. Why did she, a pretty, socially adept girl, want an e-dating profile? She claimed that it was funny and entertaining, but I still made fun of her for having the app. READ MORE

Lessons Learned While Studying Abroad

By Brittany Kottler
March 22, 2014 - 9:21am

My friends and I often reminisce on those magical four months of our first semester of junior year- also known as abroad.  My time spent in Prague and all over Europe taught me a lot about art (The Louvre is big and Mona Lisa is small), food (cheese is its own food group), and wine (I miss you $2 bottles).  Here’s a run-down of what I learned during my travels: Prague: No matter how hard I try, I will never be able to say more than hello in Czech (Dobry den!) READ MORE

Life as an Upperclassman

By Samantha Rosen
March 21, 2014 - 9:44am

My roommates and I realized something the other night – we’re old. We’re living in a house off-campus, applying for jobs and internships, and wondering what we’re going to do when we graduate in a little over a year. It’s a totally different world than it was when we were freshmen only two years ago. I’ll let you in on a few insights that come with being an #old upperclassmen at Tulane… Meals READ MORE

The Dirt on Celebrity Gossip Sites

By Isabella Jaye
March 20, 2014 - 9:25am

It’s no secret that we all procrastinate. Watching endless hours of "Grey’s Anatomy" on Netflix? Making vending machine runs? Facebook stalking people we haven’t talked to in years? Check, check and check. READ MORE

5 Ways To Eat Healthy (While Living Off Campus)

By Anna Rajo-Miller
March 20, 2014 - 9:07am

College students love to complain about food because to be honest, when juggling a tight  budget and busy schedule, it can be tricky to factor in healthy eating. If you're living on campus, you are limited to buffet-style, unhealthy cafeteria food. If you're living off campus, you have to find time to shop, cook and clean up after all your meals.  As a junior, this is my first year living in an off-campus apartment with access to my own full kitchen. Here are five things I do to make sure I always have healthy meals and snacks on hand.  READ MORE

Pound: The Latest Exercise Craze

By Asia Bradlee
March 18, 2014 - 9:48am

Group exercise classes are a great way to break up your usual gym routine.  If you’re sick of the usual Pilates, yoga, or Zumba classes, try out the latest trend, Pound. READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Meaghan

By Peri Novick
March 18, 2014 - 9:47am

Name: Meaghan Fitzgerald Year: 2016 Hometown: Larchmont, New York Major: Marketing How did you become involved in her campus? I hear about it through the club fair at the beginning of the year so I applied and I got it! Do you have any hidden talents? I am really good at doing people's makeup! If you could… ...Be a Disney princess? READ MORE

Pump Up Workout Playlists

By Gabrielle Gardiner
March 17, 2014 - 9:58am

Summer is getting closer and closer, and that adorable bikini awaits you! There’s nothing like a fun mix of pump up jams to get you motivated to hit the gym. Pick your favorite playlist and get ready to break a sweat! Mix #1: "Super Bass" -Nicki Minaj "Work Hard, Play Hard" -Wiz Khalifa "Only Girl (In the World)" -Rihanna "HeadBand" -B.o.B feat. 2 Chainz "Bad Girls"- M.I.A. "International Love" -Pitbull feat. Chris Brown   READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Asia

By Margaret Stolte
March 17, 2014 - 9:43am

Ever wondered what goes on in the mind of someone who actually never stops smiling? Read on to get in the head of our own perpetually happy, always optimistic, and extraordinarily talented writing extraordinaire, Asia Bradlee. What is your primary role in Her Campus? I am a contributor/writer and overall awesome person. I write about health, nutrition, and fitness. READ MORE

Meet The Staff: Peri Novick

By Sydney Clarke
March 15, 2014 - 9:21am

Meet Peri! She's a sophomore from Hewlett, New York studying marketing.   What's your spirit animal? A platapus, because of Perry the Platapus (from Phineas and Ferb) Favorite TV shows? SNL, Supernatural, Scandal, Once Upon A Time, Gray's Anatomy, Dexter and the Vampire Diaries Name one item on your bucket list. I want to visit every continent (except for Antartica) What would your pro wrestler name be? Big booty b**** (laughs) I don't know if I'm allowed to say that! Favorite thing about going to Tulane? I love how much everyone loves the school. And, of course, the weather! Best TBT? READ MORE