Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

Pump Up Workout Playlists

By Gabrielle Gardiner
March 17, 2014 - 9:58am

Summer is getting closer and closer, and that adorable bikini awaits you! There’s nothing like a fun mix of pump up jams to get you motivated to hit the gym. Pick your favorite playlist and get ready to break a sweat! Mix #1: "Super Bass" -Nicki Minaj "Work Hard, Play Hard" -Wiz Khalifa "Only Girl (In the World)" -Rihanna "HeadBand" -B.o.B feat. 2 Chainz "Bad Girls"- M.I.A. "International Love" -Pitbull feat. Chris Brown   READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Asia

By Margaret Stolte
March 17, 2014 - 9:43am

Ever wondered what goes on in the mind of someone who actually never stops smiling? Read on to get in the head of our own perpetually happy, always optimistic, and extraordinarily talented writing extraordinaire, Asia Bradlee. What is your primary role in Her Campus? I am a contributor/writer and overall awesome person. I write about health, nutrition, and fitness. READ MORE

Meet The Staff: Peri Novick

By Sydney Clarke
March 15, 2014 - 9:21am

Meet Peri! She's a sophomore from Hewlett, New York studying marketing.   What's your spirit animal? A platapus, because of Perry the Platapus (from Phineas and Ferb) Favorite TV shows? SNL, Supernatural, Scandal, Once Upon A Time, Gray's Anatomy, Dexter and the Vampire Diaries Name one item on your bucket list. I want to visit every continent (except for Antartica) What would your pro wrestler name be? Big booty b**** (laughs) I don't know if I'm allowed to say that! Favorite thing about going to Tulane? I love how much everyone loves the school. And, of course, the weather! Best TBT? READ MORE

Staff Interview: Emily Straus and Taylor Zinman

By Emily Straus, Taylor Zinman
March 14, 2014 - 9:20am

Emily is on the left, Taylor is on the right Where are you originally from? Emily Straus: Larchmont, N.Y. Taylor Zinman: Oyster Bay, NY.   How old are you? ES: 21 years old. TZ: 20 years old.   When is your birthday? ES: July 26, 1992.  TZ: July 24, 1993.  We are almost exactly one year apart!   READ MORE

Working Girl Guide: The Key to Interviews

By Becki Schwartz
March 13, 2014 - 9:46am

Here’s the problem: there is no one way have a great interview. The whole issue with interviews is that (at least) two people are involved and both have to think that the conversation went well. While the interviewee might have thought they aced the questions, the interviewer might have been looking for something completely different than the actual answers. But don’t fret; here are a few tips that work no matter who is on the other side of the table. READ MORE

How to Stay Healthy in Bruff

By Isabel Goldstein
March 12, 2014 - 9:55am

It’s safe to say that we probably did not eat so healthy during Mardi Gras...McDonalds, Rally’s, and Popeyes anyone? Now that Spring Break is over, it's time to go back to  eating normally and healthily. For those of us on the meal plan, here are two simple ways to stay healthy at Bruff: 1)   Yogurt and Granola Yogurt and granola is perfect because you can eat it any hour of the day and it gives you protein. You can also put fruit and honey in your yogurt to switch it up!   2)   Chicken Breast READ MORE

5 Simple Reasons Makeup Can Be Good for You

By Taylor Zinman
March 12, 2014 - 9:05am

Whether or not you’re a lover of makeup, there are benefits in applying your favorite products! Makeup has been proven to boost peoples health and self-esteem. And, in this college-crazed life we’re all living, why not have a little fun with it! Here are 5 of the many reasons experimenting with some makeup products is beneficial: 1. Ego Booster READ MORE

Why I Miss New Jersey

By Sydney Clarke
March 11, 2014 - 12:11am

This post spawns from the fact that I was not in Alabama for spring break, not in Florida for spring break, and definitely not in New Jersey for spring break. Instead, I was stuck in NOLA to fantasize about my home and all the reasons why it is the greatest state in the union. If this doesn’t apply to you, show it to your friend from NJ. We’re the most densely populated state in the union, so you probably know one (or 20) of us. Trains READ MORE

Staff Interview with Margaret Stolte

By Asia Bradlee
February 27, 2014 - 9:03am

Special talents: I can put both feet behind my head and can do really good impressions of the kids I work with. What is your spirit animal: “I’m Like a Bird” by Nelly Furtado perfectly describes my spirit animal. I love art, tattoos, anything having to do with birds.  My life is like the episode of  Portlandia, “Put a Bird on It.” READ MORE

Memento: The Next Big Thing?

By Samantha Rosen
February 26, 2014 - 9:20am

I have such a love-hate relationship with technology. Some days, I’m so thankful to have it – there’s no denying it can make life so much easier. Other days, I want to throw my phone against the wall. There are just so many apps and people are so addicted to their phones; I feel like I have to check multiple apps just so that I’m always in the loop. As many times people say they’re going to delete their Facebooks, let’s be honest – we know they’re not. They would be too afraid of missing out on information. READ MORE