Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

3 Best Crafts to Distract You from Finals

By Isabella Jaye
April 15, 2014 - 2:11pm

It’s safe to say that if you’re reading this, you are probably engaging in some form of procrastination. Don’t feel like opening up a Word doc for that 10-page research paper? Can’t bring yourself to finally start your laundry even though you’re down to your second to last pair of clean underwear? Refuse to even get out of bed? We’ve all been there and finals season is no different. READ MORE

Staff Interview: Rebecca Schwartz

By Isabel Goldstein
April 11, 2014 - 9:56am

Name: Rebecca Schwartz Hometown: Chicago Major: Sociology with Spanish Minor Her Campus: When coming to Tulane, I wanted to find out more about the campus and what to do. HerCampus gave me a view of Tulane I couldn't get on a tour READ MORE

10 Most Annoying People On Facebook

By Margaret Stolte
April 10, 2014 - 9:13am

Like it or not, Facebook is a huge part of our lives.  Benefits include keeping up with family (S/O to Grandma for all those likes) and stalking old high school friends to make sure you're having more fun than them. But with the good comes the bad, and sometimes the bad is so, so bad. Worse than the fomo inducing content, aggressive article posting, and pictures of tiny animals dying are the people actually posting them: the most annoying humans on earth. 1.     People who are really funny on Facebook but who are awkward in person 2.     The Selfie Connoisseur READ MORE

April Showers: How to Stay Dry

By Camille Karabasz
April 9, 2014 - 9:17am

Springtime's arrival in New Orleans can only mean one thing... rain. There might be blue skies and sunshine before your first class of the day, but don't be surprised when you get caught in a downpour on your way back to your room.. or worse, your next class. There's nothing more uncomfortable than sitting in a muggy classroom for an hour in dripping wet clothes. Here are my five best tips on how to beat the rain! READ MORE

The Magic of Costco

By Sydney Clarke
April 9, 2014 - 9:12am

We all know the feeling. The feeling of just needing to buy some bulk items. Sure, you can buy a 12 pack of toilet paper anywhere, but why do that when you can get a 24 PACK FOR HALF THE PRICE (per roll)!? Of course. So you get in your car, grab your membership card, and drive on over to the magical haven that is Costco.   You arrive, park, and hand your card over to the mystical gatekeepers at the door. You grab a cart, and begin your journey.   READ MORE

"Pho" Show

By Taylor Zinman
April 8, 2014 - 9:19am

In this generation more so than ever before, food tends to come and go in trends. With each new craze, there is an overwhelming flux of popularity surrounding the dish…just check your Instagram. We’ve seen in it before with Sushi, Fro-Yo, etc. Now, in more recent food news, we are seeing it with the Vietnamese delicacy, “Pho.” With the countless new Vietnamese restaurants I’m sure you’ve all been noticing around New Orleans, the Pho craze has been in its prime. Even if you’re no adventurous eater, Pho may still be the way to go! So, why is Pho the latest trend in eating you may ask…? What is Pho? READ MORE

Staff Interview: Isabel Goldstein

By Becki Schwartz
April 7, 2014 - 9:31am

Isabel Goldstein Hometown:  Haworth, New Jersey Major: Not sure yet, probably either communications or marketing with a minor in sociology Why Tulane:  New Orleans baby! Favorite color: Purple Celebrity crush and why:  Megan Fox, she's beautiful and I love her "I don't care" attitude. 3 things you could bring on a deserted island:  Phone, food, and friends READ MORE

Why It Matters To Read for Pleasure

By Anna Rajo-Miller
April 5, 2014 - 9:23am

READ MORE

Conquering FOMO

By Lexie Ziegler
April 5, 2014 - 9:19am

With only 29 days of classes left, optimal tanning weather and countless festivals, it is hard not to feel the effects of FOMO (or just pure laziness for that matter). But fear not, for here’s some advice that might keep you on track. READ MORE

7 Local Fashion Blogs You'll Love

By Gabrielle Gardiner
April 4, 2014 - 9:11am

Check out these fashion forward fellow New Orleanians and their awesome blogs! These ladies have some killer style and aren’t afraid to flaunt it all around the 504. So go ahead and peruse their posts, and you’ll find yourself loving their unique tastes and undeniable southern charm.   1) http://blog.theelizabethchronicles.com/   READ MORE