Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

Meet Brooke Grief! HCT Director of Social Media and Contributing Writer

By Anna Rajo-Miller
February 24, 2014 - 9:00am

Name: Brooke Grief Major: Marketing Minor: Psychology Year: 2014 HCT Position: Director of Social Media and Contributing Writer 1) How long have you been invovled with Her Campus Tulane? I joined the team in September 2012 and have been invovled ever since! I am the director of social media as well as a contributing writer.  2) What is the best thing you have ever found? READ MORE

Staff Interview: Anna-Rajo Miller

By Brooke Grief
February 19, 2014 - 9:57am

Name: Anna Rajo-Miller Y.O.G.: 2015 HC position: Contributing Writer 1. What’s your favorite color? My favorite color is navy blue. I think it's very relaxing to look at. I also wear a lot of navy because it goes well with many other colors.   2. What’s your major? I'm an English major.   3. What do you want to do after you graduate? READ MORE

13 Things We're All Used to at Bruff

By Isabel Goldstein
February 18, 2014 - 9:11am

So I’m more than halfway done with my freshman year, and now more than ever I can say I’m truly used to Bruff. In one of my previous articles I talked about all the positives of Bruff, which took me quite a long time. Now, it's time for a list of the negatives of Bruff. You stay classy, Bruff! READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Sydney

By Peri Novick
February 17, 2014 - 9:31am

Year: 2017 Hometown: Morristown, New Jersey Major: Communications What made you want to get involved with her campus? I did NOLA experience and my counselor told me about it and I thought it would be fun. What else are you involved in on campus? I am involved in TUCSP, Her Campus, Spoon University (a food blog), and Kappa Alpha Theta. Do you have any hidden talents?  I can eat anything for a long amount of time. I never get full. READ MORE

Top 5 Whole Foods Finds

By Taylor Zinman
February 17, 2014 - 9:10am

Keeping a healthy diet is a difficult enough task for anyone, but especially for a busy college student. The daily stressors of balancing classes, studying, friends, and keeping a healthy social life make it all the more tempting to indulge in some fatty junk foods. However, most of us are not looking to pack on the pounds, another stressor to add to the laundry list! Here’s a quick list of 5 healthy, nourishing, and most importantly, delicious, on the go foods that permit guilt-free snacking whenever, wherever! All of these eats can be found at a Whole Foods near you. READ MORE

Push Play! Playlist 1: Yo It's Nice Outside

By Margaret Stolte
February 17, 2014 - 1:07am

If you're like me and this week's forecast almost made you have a heartattack from happiness, then this playlist is for you. Here's some jams for that walk in Audubon, homework outside of LBC, or general I'm-so-happy-I'm-gonna-die dancing whenever you burst out of class and send 50 million pictures of yourself in shorts to your friends up north. Happy snapping and basking in the sunlight friends. READ MORE

Vintage Shopping in NOLA

By Cheyenne Ligon
February 17, 2014 - 12:39am

Even though Punxsutawney Phil has declared that winter will last until March 20th, the weather in New Orleans is getting sunnier and warmer by the day. Now that Valentine’s Day has come and gone, spring seems to be just around the corner. Slowly but surely, our wintery vests and ankle booties are being traded in for skirts and short-sleeves. The days of hiding behind a black fleece Northface are over—soon everyone will be breaking out the sandals and gauzy, practically compulsory florals. But, if you hit the mall for your new spring staples, chances are you’ll end up wearing the same things as people in your classes and spending a bunch of money. An alternative is to shop for clothes at vintage boutiques—you can find pieces that are fun and unique, and...

5 Mistakes You Don't Know You're Making on LinkedIn

By Erin Rusonis
February 16, 2014 - 8:10pm

You hear the buzz, everyone is saying how great LinkedIn is, but you find yourself thinking,  "What? I just don't get it." No fear! Here are the top 5 mistakes you are making on LinkedIn and how to fix them.   1. Not having a picture! READ MORE

In Defense of the “Tulane Sorority Girls are B*******” Video

By Samantha Rosen
February 11, 2014 - 9:15am

READ MORE

How To Spend Valentine's Day With Your Girl Friends

By Peri Novick
February 10, 2014 - 4:01pm

Forget about that b****** with boyfriends. You’ve got your girl friends!  So here is how to spend Valentine's Day with your girl friends. Girls Night Out Who says dinner dates are just for couples? Make a reservation and spend the night on the town with your main gals.  Girls Night In Don't feel like going out? No worries! A night of chocoloate, Netflix, and gossip may be just what you needed.  Movie Marathon READ MORE