Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

The Dirt on Celebrity Gossip Sites

By Isabella Jaye
March 20, 2014 - 9:25am

It’s no secret that we all procrastinate. Watching endless hours of "Grey’s Anatomy" on Netflix? Making vending machine runs? Facebook stalking people we haven’t talked to in years? Check, check and check. READ MORE

5 Ways To Eat Healthy (While Living Off Campus)

By Anna Rajo-Miller
March 20, 2014 - 9:07am

College students love to complain about food because to be honest, when juggling a tight  budget and busy schedule, it can be tricky to factor in healthy eating. If you're living on campus, you are limited to buffet-style, unhealthy cafeteria food. If you're living off campus, you have to find time to shop, cook and clean up after all your meals.  As a junior, this is my first year living in an off-campus apartment with access to my own full kitchen. Here are five things I do to make sure I always have healthy meals and snacks on hand.  TIP #1: Buy Sale Items in Bulk READ MORE

Pound: The Latest Exercise Craze

By Asia Bradlee
March 18, 2014 - 9:48am

Group exercise classes are a great way to break up your usual gym routine.  If you’re sick of the usual Pilates, yoga, or Zumba classes, try out the latest trend, Pound. READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Meaghan

By Peri Novick
March 18, 2014 - 9:47am

Name: Meaghan Fitzgerald Year: 2016 Hometown: Larchmont, New York Major: Marketing How did you become involved in her campus? I hear about it through the club fair at the beginning of the year so I applied and I got it! Do you have any hidden talents? I am really good at doing people's makeup! If you could… ...Be a Disney princess? READ MORE

Pump Up Workout Playlists

By Gabrielle Gardiner
March 17, 2014 - 9:58am

Summer is getting closer and closer, and that adorable bikini awaits you! There’s nothing like a fun mix of pump up jams to get you motivated to hit the gym. Pick your favorite playlist and get ready to break a sweat! Mix #1: "Super Bass" -Nicki Minaj "Work Hard, Play Hard" -Wiz Khalifa "Only Girl (In the World)" -Rihanna "HeadBand" -B.o.B feat. 2 Chainz "Bad Girls"- M.I.A. "International Love" -Pitbull feat. Chris Brown   READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Asia

By Margaret Stolte
March 17, 2014 - 9:43am

Ever wondered what goes on in the mind of someone who actually never stops smiling? Read on to get in the head of our own perpetually happy, always optimistic, and extraordinarily talented writing extraordinaire, Asia Bradlee. What is your primary role in Her Campus? I am a contributor/writer and overall awesome person. I write about health, nutrition, and fitness. READ MORE

Meet The Staff: Peri Novick

By Sydney Clarke
March 15, 2014 - 9:21am

Meet Peri! She's a sophomore from Hewlett, New York studying marketing.   What's your spirit animal? A platapus, because of Perry the Platapus (from Phineas and Ferb) Favorite TV shows? SNL, Supernatural, Scandal, Once Upon A Time, Gray's Anatomy, Dexter and the Vampire Diaries Name one item on your bucket list. I want to visit every continent (except for Antartica) What would your pro wrestler name be? Big booty b**** (laughs) I don't know if I'm allowed to say that! Favorite thing about going to Tulane? I love how much everyone loves the school. And, of course, the weather! Best TBT? READ MORE

Staff Interview: Emily Straus and Taylor Zinman

By Emily Straus, Taylor Zinman
March 14, 2014 - 9:20am

Emily is on the left, Taylor is on the right Where are you originally from? Emily Straus: Larchmont, N.Y. Taylor Zinman: Oyster Bay, NY.   How old are you? ES: 21 years old. TZ: 20 years old.   When is your birthday? ES: July 26, 1992.  TZ: July 24, 1993.  We are almost exactly one year apart!   READ MORE

Working Girl Guide: The Key to Interviews

By Becki Schwartz
March 13, 2014 - 9:46am

Here’s the problem: there is no one way have a great interview. The whole issue with interviews is that (at least) two people are involved and both have to think that the conversation went well. While the interviewee might have thought they aced the questions, the interviewer might have been looking for something completely different than the actual answers. But don’t fret; here are a few tips that work no matter who is on the other side of the table. READ MORE

How to Stay Healthy in Bruff

By Isabel Goldstein
March 12, 2014 - 9:55am

It’s safe to say that we probably did not eat so healthy during Mardi Gras...McDonalds, Rally’s, and Popeyes anyone? Now that Spring Break is over, it's time to go back to  eating normally and healthily. For those of us on the meal plan, here are two simple ways to stay healthy at Bruff: 1)   Yogurt and Granola Yogurt and granola is perfect because you can eat it any hour of the day and it gives you protein. You can also put fruit and honey in your yogurt to switch it up!   2)   Chicken Breast READ MORE