Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

April Showers: How to Stay Dry

By Camille Karabasz
April 9, 2014 - 9:17am

Springtime's arrival in New Orleans can only mean one thing... rain. There might be blue skies and sunshine before your first class of the day, but don't be surprised when you get caught in a downpour on your way back to your room.. or worse, your next class. There's nothing more uncomfortable than sitting in a muggy classroom for an hour in dripping wet clothes. Here are my five best tips on how to beat the rain! READ MORE

The Magic of Costco

By Sydney Clarke
April 9, 2014 - 9:12am

We all know the feeling. The feeling of just needing to buy some bulk items. Sure, you can buy a 12 pack of toilet paper anywhere, but why do that when you can get a 24 PACK FOR HALF THE PRICE (per roll)!? Of course. So you get in your car, grab your membership card, and drive on over to the magical haven that is Costco.   You arrive, park, and hand your card over to the mystical gatekeepers at the door. You grab a cart, and begin your journey.   READ MORE

"Pho" Show

By Taylor Zinman
April 8, 2014 - 9:19am

In this generation more so than ever before, food tends to come and go in trends. With each new craze, there is an overwhelming flux of popularity surrounding the dish…just check your Instagram. We’ve seen in it before with Sushi, Fro-Yo, etc. Now, in more recent food news, we are seeing it with the Vietnamese delicacy, “Pho.” With the countless new Vietnamese restaurants I’m sure you’ve all been noticing around New Orleans, the Pho craze has been in its prime. Even if you’re no adventurous eater, Pho may still be the way to go! So, why is Pho the latest trend in eating you may ask…? What is Pho? READ MORE

Staff Interview: Isabel Goldstein

By Becki Schwartz
April 7, 2014 - 9:31am

Isabel Goldstein Hometown:  Haworth, New Jersey Major: Not sure yet, probably either communications or marketing with a minor in sociology Why Tulane:  New Orleans baby! Favorite color: Purple Celebrity crush and why:  Megan Fox, she's beautiful and I love her "I don't care" attitude. 3 things you could bring on a deserted island:  Phone, food, and friends READ MORE

Why It Matters To Read for Pleasure

By Anna Rajo-Miller
April 5, 2014 - 9:23am

READ MORE

Conquering FOMO

By Lexie Ziegler
April 5, 2014 - 9:19am

With only 29 days of classes left, optimal tanning weather and countless festivals, it is hard not to feel the effects of FOMO (or just pure laziness for that matter). But fear not, for here’s some advice that might keep you on track. READ MORE

7 Local Fashion Blogs You'll Love

By Gabrielle Gardiner
April 4, 2014 - 9:11am

Check out these fashion forward fellow New Orleanians and their awesome blogs! These ladies have some killer style and aren’t afraid to flaunt it all around the 504. So go ahead and peruse their posts, and you’ll find yourself loving their unique tastes and undeniable southern charm.   1) http://blog.theelizabethchronicles.com/   READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Camille Karabasz!

By Isabella Jaye
April 4, 2014 - 9:02am

Someone who loves Netflix, Chuck Bass and Her Campus? Seriously, what could make for a better interview? Get ready to meet one of our newest Tulane contributors and look out for her awesome articles! Name? Camille Karabasz What year are you? Freshman Where are you from? Alabama, outside of Birmingham. What’s your major? I think history but I’m not sure so far. READ MORE

Staff Interview: Isabella Jaye

By Camille Karabasz
April 2, 2014 - 9:57am

Name: Isabella Jaye Year: Sophomore Major: Business Management Minors: English and Social Entrepreneurship  Hometown: San Francisco, California Most exciting thing about Mardi Gras? Being finised with midterms and wearing crazy clothes! Leggings and fanny packs! READ MORE

Tulane Lifehacks: The Things You Wish You Knew Before You Stepped Foot on Campus

By Samantha Rosen
April 2, 2014 - 9:56am

Two and a half years ago, I was an awkward little freshman (see below) just trying to navigate her way through this crazy, amazing school and city. I only wish someone had told me these things before I started.   Your friends from freshman year won’t necessarily be your friends for the next three years, and that’s totally okay. The girl/boy ratio – it’s 60/40. Enough said. It’s not high school anymore. You can be whoever you want. Your GPA doesn’t define you. It’s just a number. READ MORE