Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

Working Girl Guide: Hearing the Word "No"

By Becki Schwartz
May 6, 2014 - 12:09am

It’s so close to summer that you can taste it. Finals are winding down, books are being sold back, and your things are packed. The only place to go is home. You filled out the applications and went through three rounds of interviews. But, you didn’t get the job. It sucks to know that you put your best foot forward and only received a very nice form letter in response. But it’s going to be okay. READ MORE

A farewell note to my staff

By Erin Rusonis
May 5, 2014 - 6:19pm

To my staff,  It's that time of year again -time to cram our noses to our books hoping to make it through that exam, time to rush to pack up our rooms, and time to say, "aidos!" until next year rolls around. However, for those of us graduating, we are trying to soak up every last memory, make our hugs extra big, and take those final few pictures -it may be a while until we see each other again. To my wonderful Her Campus Tulane staff, this note is for you. First, to thank you for making this year such an incredible journey and second, to attempt to inspire you as much as you have inspired me.  READ MORE

So You're Staying in NOLA This Summer?

By Camille Karabasz
May 5, 2014 - 12:09am

As my freshman year came to a close, I found myself wishing I didn’t have to leave New Orleans. By some stroke of fate, or a job application gone right...my dreams came true! So for those of you who, like me, will be staying here for the summer, I’ve rounded up some fun things to do! 1.     Eat more sno-balls. New Orleans is hot. Really hot. Treat yo self and cool off with a sno-ball! I’ve heard amazing things about Hansen’s Sno-Bliz, and you can never go wrong with Plum Street Sno-Balls. Here is a super helpful map of all the best sno-balls in the city. READ MORE

10 Things I Learned About Campus Dining This Year

By Isabel Goldstein
May 4, 2014 - 11:50pm

As the year comes to a close, and as I sit here wishing I had more wavebucks so I didn’t have to eat yet another meal at Bruff, I can say I have learned a lot in between my first meal on campus and now. I’ve had many great, and many not so great, on campus dining experiences but overall I don’t have too much to complain about. As I look back at the year, I realize that on campus dining isn’t THAT bad. Here are some overall tips and advice I have for incoming freshmen for on campus dining: 1)   Luff is always greater than Bruff. Luff has so many more options, including a bigger salad bar, ice cream selection, and always has some sort of stir-fry. 2)   If the pasta line in Bruff doesn’t have pesto, get your pasta or just vegetables with soy sauce. It’s always...

Thank you, New Orleans

By Emily Straus
May 4, 2014 - 11:21pm

This is my last article for Her Campus Tulane, an organization that I have been a part of since my freshman year of college.  I joined not too long after its formation and can safely say that it has been one of my most rewarding experiences as a Tulane undergrad.  While the articles I have contributed mainly focused on current events and fashion trends, I decided to shift gears to something more personal for this final piece. I owe you, New Orleans.  Thank you for being my playground for four years.  Your vibrancy is unparalleled.  The politeness of your locals will always throw me off-guard.  Beauty is seemingly around every corner.  At Jazz Fest this past weekend, the band Arcade Fire affirmed, “New Orleans is the last city that is strictly itself.”...

5 Tips for Furnishing Your Off Campus Home

By Anna Rajo-Miller
May 1, 2014 - 9:19am

Many of you might be moving off campus and preparing to live in your own house or apartment for the first time. Once you've overcome the hurdles of choosing roommates and securing a lease all that's left is the somewhat hefty task of furnishing your home. Here are five tips to help you out!  1. Coordinate with prior tenants READ MORE

Goodbye New Orleans

By Brittany Kottler
May 1, 2014 - 9:01am

READ MORE

Internship or Job?

By Lexie Ziegler
April 30, 2014 - 9:13am

“So, what are you doing this summer?” asked my advisor when I went into plan my schedule last week. A bit over-zealously I said, “Oh, I’m going to be a camp counselor.” The smile usually plastered on her faced dropped and she snarkily retorted with, “Well, you can do the camp counselor thing this summer, but you better apply for some internships next winter in order to figure out what you want to do with your life." READ MORE

52 Thoughts You Have While Packing to Go Home for Summer

By Gabrielle Gardiner
April 29, 2014 - 9:08am

1) Ok, I totally got this. 2) This shouldn't take THAT long. 3) Gotta blast some music, gotta get in the zone. 4) See, this isn't bad at all! I can do this! 5) Hmmm gonna need more boxes. 6) LOTS more boxes. 7) Ok I know I definitely didn't come here with all this stuff. 8) Sh*t. 9) WHERE DID ALL THIS COME FROM?? 10) This is not my shirt. 11) This is not my bra. 12) Ehh but they're cute-- I'll keep 'em. 13) Oooh I've been looking for these shorts forever!! READ MORE

Road Trip Rules: Nashville, TN

By Isabella Jaye
April 28, 2014 - 9:55am

One of the greatest things about sophomore year at Tulane is when your friends start to get cars. All of a sudden the Tulane Bubble starts to expand to include a whole variety of new adventures. It’s certainly a long list but one of my favorite things that having a car or having a friend who has one allows you to do is take road trips. READ MORE