Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

10 Things I Learned About Campus Dining This Year

By Isabel Goldstein
May 4, 2014 - 11:50pm

As the year comes to a close, and as I sit here wishing I had more wavebucks so I didn’t have to eat yet another meal at Bruff, I can say I have learned a lot in between my first meal on campus and now. I’ve had many great, and many not so great, on campus dining experiences but overall I don’t have too much to complain about. As I look back at the year, I realize that on campus dining isn’t THAT bad. Here are some overall tips and advice I have for incoming freshmen for on campus dining: 1)   Luff is always greater than Bruff. Luff has so many more options, including a bigger salad bar, ice cream selection, and always has some sort of stir-fry. 2)   If the pasta line in Bruff doesn’t have pesto, get your pasta or just vegetables with soy sauce. It’s always...

Thank you, New Orleans

By Emily Straus
May 4, 2014 - 11:21pm

This is my last article for Her Campus Tulane, an organization that I have been a part of since my freshman year of college.  I joined not too long after its formation and can safely say that it has been one of my most rewarding experiences as a Tulane undergrad.  While the articles I have contributed mainly focused on current events and fashion trends, I decided to shift gears to something more personal for this final piece. I owe you, New Orleans.  Thank you for being my playground for four years.  Your vibrancy is unparalleled.  The politeness of your locals will always throw me off-guard.  Beauty is seemingly around every corner.  At Jazz Fest this past weekend, the band Arcade Fire affirmed, “New Orleans is the last city that is strictly itself.”...

5 Tips for Furnishing Your Off Campus Home

By Anna Rajo-Miller
May 1, 2014 - 9:19am

Many of you might be moving off campus and preparing to live in your own house or apartment for the first time. Once you've overcome the hurdles of choosing roommates and securing a lease all that's left is the somewhat hefty task of furnishing your home. Here are five tips to help you out!  1. Coordinate with prior tenants READ MORE

Goodbye New Orleans

By Brittany Kottler
May 1, 2014 - 9:01am

READ MORE

Internship or Job?

By Lexie Ziegler
April 30, 2014 - 9:13am

“So, what are you doing this summer?” asked my advisor when I went into plan my schedule last week. A bit over-zealously I said, “Oh, I’m going to be a camp counselor.” The smile usually plastered on her faced dropped and she snarkily retorted with, “Well, you can do the camp counselor thing this summer, but you better apply for some internships next winter in order to figure out what you want to do with your life." READ MORE

52 Thoughts You Have While Packing to Go Home for Summer

By Gabrielle Gardiner
April 29, 2014 - 9:08am

1) Ok, I totally got this. 2) This shouldn't take THAT long. 3) Gotta blast some music, gotta get in the zone. 4) See, this isn't bad at all! I can do this! 5) Hmmm gonna need more boxes. 6) LOTS more boxes. 7) Ok I know I definitely didn't come here with all this stuff. 8) Sh*t. 9) WHERE DID ALL THIS COME FROM?? 10) This is not my shirt. 11) This is not my bra. 12) Ehh but they're cute-- I'll keep 'em. 13) Oooh I've been looking for these shorts forever!! READ MORE

Road Trip Rules: Nashville, TN

By Isabella Jaye
April 28, 2014 - 9:55am

One of the greatest things about sophomore year at Tulane is when your friends start to get cars. All of a sudden the Tulane Bubble starts to expand to include a whole variety of new adventures. It’s certainly a long list but one of my favorite things that having a car or having a friend who has one allows you to do is take road trips. READ MORE

Healthy and Refreshing Summer Snacks

By Asia Bradlee
April 28, 2014 - 9:52am

As the summer approaches and the warm weather is upon us, we find ourselves craving cool and refreshing snacks.  Here is a list of some light recipes, perfect for the beach or pool, guaranteed to keep you feeling energized and ready to tackle a day in the sun. 1. Infused Water READ MORE

Thoughts While Studying for Finals, as Told by "The O.C."

By Samantha Rosen
April 27, 2014 - 3:09pm

It’s finally spring in NOLA! Which means festivals, the Fly, formals, crawfish boils,   Oh yeah, and that little thing called finals.   But it’s okay. I have plenty of time to study, right? READ MORE

Best Coffee Shops for Studying

By Abbie Levenson
April 24, 2014 - 9:08am

With the last week of class followed by finals, it’s safe to say we are all swamped with work. Unfortunately, everyone decides to study in Howie T, making it overcrowded. With the addition of the constant construction noise, Howie T is no longer the place to study. If you are in desperate need of a replacement place to study or you just want a place to study and chat, check out these coffee shops! 1.     Z’otz READ MORE