Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

Why It Matters To Read for Pleasure

By Anna Rajo-Miller
April 5, 2014 - 9:23am

READ MORE

Conquering FOMO

By Lexie Ziegler
April 5, 2014 - 9:19am

With only 29 days of classes left, optimal tanning weather and countless festivals, it is hard not to feel the effects of FOMO (or just pure laziness for that matter). But fear not, for here’s some advice that might keep you on track. READ MORE

7 Local Fashion Blogs You'll Love

By Gabrielle Gardiner
April 4, 2014 - 9:11am

Check out these fashion forward fellow New Orleanians and their awesome blogs! These ladies have some killer style and aren’t afraid to flaunt it all around the 504. So go ahead and peruse their posts, and you’ll find yourself loving their unique tastes and undeniable southern charm.   1) http://blog.theelizabethchronicles.com/   READ MORE

Meet the Staff: Camille Karabasz!

By Isabella Jaye
April 4, 2014 - 9:02am

Someone who loves Netflix, Chuck Bass and Her Campus? Seriously, what could make for a better interview? Get ready to meet one of our newest Tulane contributors and look out for her awesome articles! Name? Camille Karabasz What year are you? Freshman Where are you from? Alabama, outside of Birmingham. What’s your major? I think history but I’m not sure so far. READ MORE

Staff Interview: Isabella Jaye

By Camille Karabasz
April 2, 2014 - 9:57am

Name: Isabella Jaye Year: Sophomore Major: Business Management Minors: English and Social Entrepreneurship  Hometown: San Francisco, California Most exciting thing about Mardi Gras? Being finised with midterms and wearing crazy clothes! Leggings and fanny packs! READ MORE

Tulane Lifehacks: The Things You Wish You Knew Before You Stepped Foot on Campus

By Samantha Rosen
April 2, 2014 - 9:56am

Two and a half years ago, I was an awkward little freshman (see below) just trying to navigate her way through this crazy, amazing school and city. I only wish someone had told me these things before I started.   Your friends from freshman year won’t necessarily be your friends for the next three years, and that’s totally okay. The girl/boy ratio – it’s 60/40. Enough said. It’s not high school anymore. You can be whoever you want. Your GPA doesn’t define you. It’s just a number. READ MORE

5 Alternative Uses for Olive Oil

By Meaghan Fitzgerald
March 31, 2014 - 9:49am

To most people, olive oil is an ingredient that stays strictly in the kitchen. However, this ingredient is one of beauty's best kept secrets. Old hollywood actresses, including Sophia Loren, swear by olive oil for their skin, hair and nails. Olive oil has intensive moisturizing properties that do wonders for the skin, hair and nails. Because the molecules in olive oil are larger than the pores on your face, girls with any skin type can use olive oil without worrying about breaking out or clogging their pores. Below are a list of five unconventional and different ways that you can use olive oil: 1. Makeup Remover READ MORE

Puppy Love: The Top 5 Cutest Celebrity Dogs

By Isabella Jaye
March 31, 2014 - 9:23am

If there’s something every college student can agree on it’s that we miss the pets we left at home.  I routinely make my parents send me pictures of my dog and cat and I can’t even work up the energy to be ashamed of it because they’re so darn cute. Every time I pass a dog in Audubon or see one of the famed campus cats lounging in the sun, I wish that it was somehow possible to sneak a puppy in to my dorm room. But because the chances of someone noticing the barking coming from my door are unfortunately pretty high, I’m settling for ogling pictures of adorable celebrity dogs instead. Ryan Gosling and George READ MORE

Nutella Chia Seed Pudding

By Asia Bradlee
March 31, 2014 - 9:19am

Craving some chocolaty, hazelnut goodness?  Well, look no further than Nutella Chia Seed Pudding.  This easy recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth AND provide some awesome health benefits. READ MORE

The New Place to Go on Campus When You're Sick of Bruff

By Isabel Goldstein
March 28, 2014 - 9:16am

As we grow tired of the “fine dining” from Bruff, and even as we get sick of the “better” Le Gourmet salads and LBC Byblos wraps, we still need a way to eat. While Luff is a better option than Bruff, it gets old very fast as well. Unfortunately, most Tulane students are pretty much broke at this point, and all of our money has gone to the Boot and Buku tickets.  Luckily for us, Loyola’s campus has its own version of Le Gourmet that will make Le Gourmet look like, well, Bruff. READ MORE