Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

Go Your Own Way: DIY Wall Art

By Camille Karabasz
October 12, 2014 - 10:49pm

Are your walls sad? Did you miss the poster sale? Do you have a hard time finding wall art that isn't too cookie-cutter for you? Are you a college student short on cash and craft supplies?  If you answered yes to any of these questions, then here's the perfect craft for you:   Step 1: Find an old magazine you don't mind cutting up. READ MORE

Pumpkin Spice: Beyond the Latte

By Sydney Clarke
October 12, 2014 - 9:54pm

Happy October, aka Pumpkin Spice season! While you may be seeing a ton of PSL (pumpkin spice latte, duh) pics showing up on your ‘gram recently, there is way more to pumpkin spice than just coffee. Modern technology has allowed us to move forward into various other industries, including alcohol and burgers. For everyone that loves pumpkin but hates being called basic, these products are for you. (Complete with my very own pumpkin rating system... 1-4 scale from worst to high Instagram like possibility)   1.     The Pumpkin Spice Burger READ MORE

5 Tips For Looking Cool In The Heat

By Kat Bloomfield
October 12, 2014 - 3:01pm

This is how I felt when I realized it was mid October:     READ MORE

Nola's Healthy Hidden Gems

By Maddie Stein
October 6, 2014 - 1:36am

It goes without saying that living in New Orleans is every food-lover’s dream. Having permanent access to some of the best food in the world definitely has its perks. It is clear, however, that nutrition is not commonly associated with the Big Easy diet. Of course we all love our beignets, po-boys, and District Donuts, but it can often seem difficult to find some yummy grub that won’t come with excess calories and guilt. If, like me, delicious food and healthy ingredients are equally important to you, these under-the-radar spots will be right up your alley!  1. Superfood Bar With options ranging from fresh juices and smoothies, to wraps, salads, and tacos, you could say Superfood Bar has it all...

Best Sandwich Places Near Campus

By Isabel Goldstein
October 6, 2014 - 1:10am

As I was eating yet another turkey-swiss-tomato-spinach-pesto mayo sandwich at Bruff, I realized just how bad I wished I could be eating a delicious sandwich somewhere else. Fortunately, we live in a city filled with great food, and quite a few sandwich places near by. Brunch has become my new favorite meal, and lately when I wake up at 2 P.M. on the weekends I find myself craving a yummy sandwich rather than pancakes or waffles. Why? Sandwiches have everything you want in a meal and more. They’re filling, Insta-worthy, and always come with a side. Here are a few of my favorite inexpensive sandwiches that are definitely better than Bruff: READ MORE

Fitness Blogs to Keep You Inspired

By Gabrielle Gardiner
October 5, 2014 - 11:38pm

Eating well and working out make you look and feel fantastic, but sometimes staying motivated and inspired can be a struggle. That’s where these fabulous fitness/health blogs come in! These three young women write fun, knowledgeable, and empowering posts that will keep you coming back for more. You’ll be addicted to these blogs in no time. READ MORE

Trendy and Functional Backpacks for Fashionistas

By Caroline Joseph
October 5, 2014 - 3:49pm

Looking trendy is a day-to-day concern for many college students, but can sometimes be a struggle. When we feel like we look fashionable, we usually feel better about ourselves. However, between the jam-packed days, late nights studying (or partying), and lack of sleep, it is easy to neglect taking the time to make this effort while getting dressed for classes. One thing that is always constant with the school day is how we carry our books. Oversized purses can seriously hurt your shoulder, so it’s healthier to carry a backpack. A cute backpack can ensure that your outfit is stylishly accessorized, while allowing you to stay comfortable and organized! READ MORE

3 Fun Ways To Go Shopping In Your Closet this Halloween

By Hannah Rosen
October 5, 2014 - 1:53am

By the time the calendar strikes October 1st, I have one thing and one thing only on my mind- Halloween. Halloween in New Orleans is an incredible time filled with festivals and decorations galore. Going to Tulane, we’re so lucky to get to celebrate the holiday in such a spirited city. If you’re anything like me, the ever-daunting task of figuring out the perfect Halloween costume is also on your mind at every mention of the holiday. With so many opportunities to be festive, there’s tons of opportunities to spend tons of money, and on a college-kid budget sometimes that’s just not possible. Here are a few ideas to integrate your everyday wardrobe into classic Halloween costumes- without breaking your bank! The Black Legging = Endless Possibilities...

Travel Guide: 5 Things I Learned from being Phone-less Abroad

By Isabella Jaye
October 4, 2014 - 4:29pm

Before this summer, I couldn’t think of the last time I spent more than a couple waking minutes without looking at my phone. We use our phones for everything—from checking the time during a boring class to sending embarrassing snaps to our friends to playing (read: losing, in my case) 2048 over and over again. Our phones are almost like the grown-up version of that blanket or stuffed animal we clung to when we were kids—entertaining us when we’re bored and giving us something to fidget with when we’re nervous or feel awkward. READ MORE

Midterm Munchies

By Camille Karabasz
September 29, 2014 - 4:27pm

Midterm Munchies   I know it’s hard to believe, but Tulane is already in the midst of midterms! Between extra stress and late night study sessions, we’re all bound to get those infamous midnight munchies. To keep from totally killing your energy levels and stay healthy, here are a few snack ideas that you can quickly and easily prepare for those endless hours of studying. These ideas are perfect even if you are bound to your dorm room!   Lime and Sriracha Avocado A super simple snack that is also VEGAN! ~side note: Tulane Geaux Vegan week is October 1-8!!~ READ MORE