Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

Healthy and Refreshing Summer Snacks

By Asia Bradlee
April 28, 2014 - 9:52am

As the summer approaches and the warm weather is upon us, we find ourselves craving cool and refreshing snacks.  Here is a list of some light recipes, perfect for the beach or pool, guaranteed to keep you feeling energized and ready to tackle a day in the sun. 1. Infused Water READ MORE

Thoughts While Studying for Finals, as Told by "The O.C."

By Samantha Rosen
April 27, 2014 - 3:09pm

It’s finally spring in NOLA! Which means festivals, the Fly, formals, crawfish boils,   Oh yeah, and that little thing called finals.   But it’s okay. I have plenty of time to study, right? READ MORE

Best Coffee Shops for Studying

By Abbie Levenson
April 24, 2014 - 9:08am

With the last week of class followed by finals, it’s safe to say we are all swamped with work. Unfortunately, everyone decides to study in Howie T, making it overcrowded. With the addition of the constant construction noise, Howie T is no longer the place to study. If you are in desperate need of a replacement place to study or you just want a place to study and chat, check out these coffee shops! 1.     Z’otz READ MORE

The Miracle That Is Gel Moisturizer

By Camille Karabasz
April 22, 2014 - 9:28am

From time to time, I find myself skipping out on a crucial part of any skincare routine: moisturizing. While I religiously wash my face, I often find that I'm reluctant to moisturize because I am dissatisfied with my options. Light moisturizers meant for people with oily, or acne-prone skin don't really get the job done, but heavier creams for dry skin types make my face feel sticky and wet. My old solution of disregarding moisturizer altogether changed when my mom introduced me to the miracle that is gel moisturizer. READ MORE

3 Tips for Weight Loss

By Brooke Grief
April 22, 2014 - 9:26am

1. Drink Water Water weight can make you feel like you aren’t making any progress in your weight loss journey. When your body doesn’t have enough water, it holds on to any moisture your body does have – making it seem like you weigh more than you actually do. When your pee is dark it means your body is holding onto water and therefore not releasing it when nature calls. Light urine means you are hydrated and therefore your body is willing to release moisture. 2. Cardio READ MORE

Definitive Ranking of Places to Eat on Campus

By Isabel Goldstein
April 21, 2014 - 9:22am

1. La Divina Because of the delicious food and late hours, La Divina took the spot as number one. Read my past article on La Divina to learn more about the paninis, gelato, and pizza.  2. Hillel Hillel is known for its healthy food and is definitely good if you’re trying to stray away from the Freshman 15. Hillel has great breakfast and lunch options, ranging from classic Jewish items such as matzah ball soup to delicious falafel and hummus and avocado sandwiches. 3. Crepes a la Cart READ MORE

16 Responses to: "What are you doing after graduation?"

By Erin Rusonis
April 18, 2014 - 9:34pm

It's here, the graduation season is upon us and if people haven't been asking you for the past 6 months then they are certainly asking you now. Here are 16 responses to the beloved, "What are your plans after graudation?" question.  1. Response: "I am still 'evaluating my options' as of right now." 2. Response: "I am in the middle of the application process." 3. Response: "Still working to find the 'best fit' for me." BUT, if you are more like me, here are some other options: READ MORE

Five People You See at the Library

By Anna Rajo-Miller
April 17, 2014 - 2:14am

1. The First Floor Socializer  They'll make a stop at PJ's for a coffee, catch up with their friends at the Tech Services desk, and start up a conversation with anyone they see either passing through or actually trying to do work.  2. The Study Group Leader Ordering Jimmy Johns for lunch and Domino's for dinner, this person and their group are here to stay. If they're studying for an exam, someone might cry. If they're preparing for a presentation, an argument will go down.  3. The Quiet Section Academic  READ MORE

What To Do When You're Done with Finals

By Tessa Patti
April 16, 2014 - 10:31pm

It's about that time of year when everyone starts to get really excited about the prospect of those three long months of summer. Whether you'll be staying in NOLA, heading home or traveling the world, the week after finals can be the best way to wind down and there are definitely a few things you can do to take advantage of it.  READ MORE

6 Juices You Need to Make Right Now

By Gabrielle Gardiner
April 15, 2014 - 2:53pm

Summer is right around the corner and it’s time that you invest in a juicer if you haven’t already. Or if you really just want to use a blender, just add half a cup of H2O to any of these recipes. There’s nothing like some fresh juice to get an extra dose of nutrition and hydration as the temps start rising and finals start stressing you out. So get juicing with these easy, delish recipes!     Go Green or Go Home 3 cups of spinach 1 lemon  1 cucumber  2 green apples or pears    READ MORE