Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

Game Face: A Guide to Tailgate ready Makeup

By Camille Karabasz
September 15, 2014 - 12:05am

As Tulane students, we’ve probably all mastered the art of makeup for a long night out. This year, Yulman stadium is bringing the party outside. Here are some tips to ensure your game face is flawless. Absolutely do not forget your SPF. Make sure you get not only your face, but also your neck, shoulders, and chest. Last week, I got a statement necklace tan line… and that was embarrassing. READ MORE

Game Day Style

By Sydney Clarke
September 14, 2014 - 10:28pm

The boys are back uptown here at Tulane, and that means tailgating season is in full swing! Whether your style is more southern prep or northern spirit, gameday is the perfect time to show it off. Here are some pieces to make sure you look great! Southern Prep Dress, $42, Tailgate Queen   READ MORE

Ramen Upgrades for Off Campus Living

By tessapatti@hercampus.com
September 14, 2014 - 3:09pm

The hardest part of living off campus is deciding what to eat. I don’t miss Bruff but I definitely would love to have a meal cooked for me every now and then.   In my quest to find easy lunches and dinners that don’t take too much of my time, I find myself forever falling back to the delicious, salty, and cheap dish that is ramen noodles. These past few weeks, I have found ways to make ramen noodles delicious and different and maybe even a little healthier.    READ MORE

A Refreshing Approach to Wellness: Q&A with Bliss Out Retreats

By Asia Bradlee
September 12, 2014 - 9:08pm

READ MORE

The 9 Best Things About the Boohoo STYLE SQUAD Coming to Tulane!

By Sophie Dodd
August 26, 2014 - 3:40pm

Love fashion? Love being ahead of the curve (and the trendsetter of your group) when it comes to the latest cutting-edge brands and clothing stores? If so, then you’re in luck, because Her Campus is bringing you one of the best-kept secrets from across the pond: Collegiettes, say hello to boohoo, the crazy-popular, British online clothing retailer and global fashion leader of its generation! READ MORE

Working Girl Guide: Hearing the Word "No"

By Becki Schwartz
May 6, 2014 - 12:09am

It’s so close to summer that you can taste it. Finals are winding down, books are being sold back, and your things are packed. The only place to go is home. You filled out the applications and went through three rounds of interviews. But, you didn’t get the job. It sucks to know that you put your best foot forward and only received a very nice form letter in response. But it’s going to be okay. READ MORE

A farewell note to my staff

By Erin Rusonis
May 5, 2014 - 6:19pm

To my staff,  It's that time of year again -time to cram our noses to our books hoping to make it through that exam, time to rush to pack up our rooms, and time to say, "aidos!" until next year rolls around. However, for those of us graduating, we are trying to soak up every last memory, make our hugs extra big, and take those final few pictures -it may be a while until we see each other again. To my wonderful Her Campus Tulane staff, this note is for you. First, to thank you for making this year such an incredible journey and second, to attempt to inspire you as much as you have inspired me.  READ MORE

So You're Staying in NOLA This Summer?

By Camille Karabasz
May 5, 2014 - 12:09am

As my freshman year came to a close, I found myself wishing I didn’t have to leave New Orleans. By some stroke of fate, or a job application gone right...my dreams came true! So for those of you who, like me, will be staying here for the summer, I’ve rounded up some fun things to do! 1.     Eat more sno-balls. New Orleans is hot. Really hot. Treat yo self and cool off with a sno-ball! I’ve heard amazing things about Hansen’s Sno-Bliz, and you can never go wrong with Plum Street Sno-Balls. Here is a super helpful map of all the best sno-balls in the city. READ MORE

10 Things I Learned About Campus Dining This Year

By Isabel Goldstein
May 4, 2014 - 11:50pm

As the year comes to a close, and as I sit here wishing I had more wavebucks so I didn’t have to eat yet another meal at Bruff, I can say I have learned a lot in between my first meal on campus and now. I’ve had many great, and many not so great, on campus dining experiences but overall I don’t have too much to complain about. As I look back at the year, I realize that on campus dining isn’t THAT bad. Here are some overall tips and advice I have for incoming freshmen for on campus dining: 1)   Luff is always greater than Bruff. Luff has so many more options, including a bigger salad bar, ice cream selection, and always has some sort of stir-fry. 2)   If the pasta line in Bruff doesn’t have pesto, get your pasta or just vegetables with soy sauce. It’s always...

Thank you, New Orleans

By Emily Straus
May 4, 2014 - 11:21pm

This is my last article for Her Campus Tulane, an organization that I have been a part of since my freshman year of college.  I joined not too long after its formation and can safely say that it has been one of my most rewarding experiences as a Tulane undergrad.  While the articles I have contributed mainly focused on current events and fashion trends, I decided to shift gears to something more personal for this final piece. I owe you, New Orleans.  Thank you for being my playground for four years.  Your vibrancy is unparalleled.  The politeness of your locals will always throw me off-guard.  Beauty is seemingly around every corner.  At Jazz Fest this past weekend, the band Arcade Fire affirmed, “New Orleans is the last city that is strictly itself.”...