Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Tulane Blog

Best Sandwich Places Near Campus

By Isabel Goldstein
October 6, 2014 - 1:10am

As I was eating yet another turkey-swiss-tomato-spinach-pesto mayo sandwich at Bruff, I realized just how bad I wished I could be eating a delicious sandwich somewhere else. Fortunately, we live in a city filled with great food, and quite a few sandwich places near by. Brunch has become my new favorite meal, and lately when I wake up at 2 P.M. on the weekends I find myself craving a yummy sandwich rather than pancakes or waffles. Why? Sandwiches have everything you want in a meal and more. They’re filling, Insta-worthy, and always come with a side. Here are a few of my favorite inexpensive sandwiches that are definitely better than Bruff: READ MORE

Fitness Blogs to Keep You Inspired

By Gabrielle Gardiner
October 5, 2014 - 11:38pm

Eating well and working out make you look and feel fantastic, but sometimes staying motivated and inspired can be a struggle. That’s where these fabulous fitness/health blogs come in! These three young women write fun, knowledgeable, and empowering posts that will keep you coming back for more. You’ll be addicted to these blogs in no time. READ MORE

Trendy and Functional Backpacks for Fashionistas

By Caroline Joseph
October 5, 2014 - 3:49pm

Looking trendy is a day-to-day concern for many college students, but can sometimes be a struggle. When we feel like we look fashionable, we usually feel better about ourselves. However, between the jam-packed days, late nights studying (or partying), and lack of sleep, it is easy to neglect taking the time to make this effort while getting dressed for classes. One thing that is always constant with the school day is how we carry our books. Oversized purses can seriously hurt your shoulder, so it’s healthier to carry a backpack. A cute backpack can ensure that your outfit is stylishly accessorized, while allowing you to stay comfortable and organized! READ MORE

3 Fun Ways To Go Shopping In Your Closet this Halloween

By Hannah Rosen
October 5, 2014 - 1:53am

By the time the calendar strikes October 1st, I have one thing and one thing only on my mind- Halloween. Halloween in New Orleans is an incredible time filled with festivals and decorations galore. Going to Tulane, we’re so lucky to get to celebrate the holiday in such a spirited city. If you’re anything like me, the ever-daunting task of figuring out the perfect Halloween costume is also on your mind at every mention of the holiday. With so many opportunities to be festive, there’s tons of opportunities to spend tons of money, and on a college-kid budget sometimes that’s just not possible. Here are a few ideas to integrate your everyday wardrobe into classic Halloween costumes- without breaking your bank! The Black Legging = Endless Possibilities...

Travel Guide: 5 Things I Learned from being Phone-less Abroad

By Isabella Jaye
October 4, 2014 - 4:29pm

Before this summer, I couldn’t think of the last time I spent more than a couple waking minutes without looking at my phone. We use our phones for everything—from checking the time during a boring class to sending embarrassing snaps to our friends to playing (read: losing, in my case) 2048 over and over again. Our phones are almost like the grown-up version of that blanket or stuffed animal we clung to when we were kids—entertaining us when we’re bored and giving us something to fidget with when we’re nervous or feel awkward. READ MORE

Midterm Munchies

By Camille Karabasz
September 29, 2014 - 4:27pm

Midterm Munchies   I know it’s hard to believe, but Tulane is already in the midst of midterms! Between extra stress and late night study sessions, we’re all bound to get those infamous midnight munchies. To keep from totally killing your energy levels and stay healthy, here are a few snack ideas that you can quickly and easily prepare for those endless hours of studying. These ideas are perfect even if you are bound to your dorm room!   Lime and Sriracha Avocado A super simple snack that is also VEGAN! ~side note: Tulane Geaux Vegan week is October 1-8!!~ READ MORE

DaoCloud: An Innovative Approach to Self-Care

By Asia Bradlee
September 28, 2014 - 11:23am

For many people, the internet can be an overwhelming place to search for and find a quality health professional.  There is often too much information and we can’t focus our searches on exactly what we want.  A new startup, DaoCloud, is a holisitic health network focused on solving this problem.  To learn more about the company and all of the amazing services it has to offer, I got to speak with Max and Eric, the two co-founders, to learn more!   READ MORE

Barre Benefits

By Taylor Zinman
September 22, 2014 - 12:55pm

If you’re anything like me, you’re someone who is always on the lookout for that next best workout routine, exercise class, or any other magical trick that promises to give you that notorious J-Lo booty. Well ladies, alas…I just found it for you. “Where ballet barre meets yoga and pilates,” barre is a new workout routine that shapes, tones, lengthens, and tightens every muscle in the body from head to toe. This workout is a game-changer that promises results. Personally, after just two short weeks of going to barre I have noticed significant changes. Barre is dynamic and fun, making the hour-long class fly by. While the class is challenging, it is definitely doable for the even the most loathing of exercisers. ...

4 Ways to Kickstart Your Career Prep this Semester

By Gabrielle Gardiner
September 22, 2014 - 12:25am

No matter what year you’re in college, it’s never too early or late to start planning for the future. Career prep doesn’t have to feel like hard work, though! Here are some easy ways to get a head start this semester:   1) Treat applying to internships as you treated applying to colleges…. and start searching right now READ MORE

Tulane Classes You Wish Existed

By Samantha Rosen
September 21, 2014 - 10:44pm

Dean’s List, here you come…   1)    Marketing Fundamentals: How to Look Good in 100% Humidity 2)    English 101: Where Is My SplashCard?, A Memoir 3)    Organic Chemistry: Alcohol as a Solution 4)    Advanced Photography: Applying Instagram and Afterlight Filters to Your Brunch at Refuel 5)    Financial Management: How to Not Spend Your Entire Month’s Money in Three Days 6)    Film Analysis: 22 Jump Street 7)    Legal Studies 4000: Scandal vs. Law and Order: SVU READ MORE