PASSOVER the bread please!!!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Everyone knows holidays are meant to be spent with family. However, for the first time ever, I am spending Passover alone here at school. For some, that means asking a friend to take a picture of the Seder to “prove” to your mom that you went, and for others it means completely cleaning out all the food you have in your dorm and stocking up on matzo as if there was an apocalypse. Now, without my mother nagging me not to eat bread, pasta, rice, or pretty much anything else that brings me utter joy, I don’t really know how I’m going to last a full 8 days. This year, I feel like Passover will be more of a coming of age holiday for me because there is just no one around to tell me what I can and cannot eat. Before leaving to college, every parent has the “talk” with their child about balancing partying and studying. But, no one lectures their child on how to keep holidays. For someone whose diet consists of peanut butter and jelly, rice paper spring rolls, and pizza this nonexistent lecture could have been a big help. Moving forward, it is now day two and I have decided to pretty much live off of matzo pizza for the next week. For those of you who are too lazy to go to Bruff and too tempted to eat out anywhere, just know there is someone here who feels your pain.

Happy Pesach and Chag Sameach!!!

Her Campus Tulane