My Favorite TV Episodes To Fill You With Thanksgiving Joy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Friends

As a dedicated Friends fan, I have watched all ten seasons a number of times. While each season brings a new Thanksgiving episode filled with community and laughter, for me, “The One With All The Thanksgivings” in season 5, episode 8, embodies the true spirit of what one would call a “Friendsgiving.” In this episode, the six main characters have time to reflect and be grateful while reminiscing about misfortune during past Thanksgivings. Additionally, this episode is my favorite because it provides the perfect premise for Chandler to finally share his feelings of love for Monica.

Gilmore Girls

In season 3 episode 9 of Gilmore Girls, titled, “A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving,” Lorelai and Rory demonstrate what it really takes to be a “Gilmore Girl,” by trying to fit four Thanksgiving meals into one day.  No spoilers, however, This episode brings what one would expect of any Thanksgiving: family, Drama, and of course food.

Gossip Girl

Throughout six incredible seasons of the infamous “Gossip Girl,” season 1 will never not be my favorite Thanksgiving episode. Titled, “Blair Waldorf Must Pie!” this episode is just as scandalous as one would expect. Relationships are tested, and secrets are revealed. However, throughout it all, the characters choose to stick together in favor of love: After all, that is the spirit of Thanksgiving.

How I Met Your Mother 

Finally, as one would expect, How I Met Your Mother does an excellent job in bringing a fun and lighthearted aspect to Thanksgiving. In season 3 episode 9 titled, “Slapsgiving,” the official slap bet song is introduced. This song will remain in seasons to come. This episode is sure to bring on the laughs and provide a much-needed study break.

Only one more week until Thanksgiving break! You can do it!