This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Midterm Munchies

I know it’s hard to believe, but Tulane is already in the midst of midterms! Between extra stress and late night study sessions, we’re all bound to get those infamous midnight munchies. To keep from totally killing your energy levels and stay healthy, here are a few snack ideas that you can quickly and easily prepare for those endless hours of studying. These ideas are perfect even if you are bound to your dorm room!

Lime and Sriracha Avocado

A super simple snack that is also VEGAN!

~side note: Tulane Geaux Vegan week is October 1-8!!~

Directions: Slice your avocado and top with a little lime juice, sriracha sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. You can even add rice or quinoa to make a healthy, filling, vegan meal.

Cinnamon Baked Apples

A classic fall treat! Also VEGAN :)

Directions: Slice up an apple (that you ~didn’t~ steal from Bruff) and place it in a microwave safe dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and microwave for 3 to 4 minutes. To switch things up, add raisins or use a peach in place of the apple.

Greek Yogurt Fruit Pops

Try a fun twist on traditional fruit and yogurt!

Directions: Using a toothpick, stab any type of fruit (blueberries, strawberries, grapes, or anything really). Then, dip into plain Greek yogurt. Place the yogurt-covered fruit onto a plate and put them in the freezer for an hour or so. They will last for a while, so it’s perfect to make ahead of time for when you’re in a time crunch and really want a yummy snack.

Frozen (or not frozen) Peanut Butter Banana Bites

Directions: Peel and slice a banana. Then, taking two slices of banana and a dollop of peanut butter, make a little sandwich type structure. From here, you can either eat it straight away, put it in the freezer, or top with Nutella (not so healthy) then freeze your banana bites for a delicious, sweet late night study treat!

… And if all else fails, just find whatever you have in your room and put it in the microwave with cheese on top. Cheers, and happy midterms!

Her Campus Tulane