Meet the Staff: Erin and Brittany

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Ever wonder who’s actually behind all of these articles? And the website? And the editing? And the social media? And the events? And… well, you get the point. To start off our first round of staff interviews, here’s a peek into the lives of our lovely co-editors and fearless leaders, Erin (right) and Brittany (left)!

If you could compare your relationship to one power couple, who would it be?

Erin: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

Brit: *high five* We keep it light. We keep it comedic.

Special talents:

Brit: I can make really weird noises, but that’s not really a special talent, just me being weird. I have hyper extended elbows! I’m just a special person.

Erin: I can be a dinosaur and I have an alter ego named poodle.

Big kid dream job:

Brit: I would love to have my own blog or work for one. The ultimate dream would be to travel around the world to watch ballets and write about them, have a blog, and everyone would read my blog and EVERYONE would love ballet!

Erin: I would do something that’s creative where I could incorporate writing and photography that would allow me to travel. Also, at one point I want to be a CMO. Casual

Little kid dream job:

Brit: I wanted to be an actress/singer

Erin: I wanted to dance on Broadway

(Erin’s on the left, Brittany’s on the right – both destined for greatness before they even met each other)

Seeing as you are both retired dancers, what were your biggest dance accomplishments?

Brit: The Nutcracker with the Joffrey Ballet, and summer intensives with American Ballet Theatre and Boston Ballet.

Erin: I’ve performed on the big stages at Disney, the Hippodrome in Baltimore, and one time I got invited to dance in the Macy’s Day Parade.

Hobbies:

Brit: I started to run. I run in Audubon so that no one can see me. I cook, I read a lot, and I like music.

Erin: Yoga, photography, cooking. I like going to concerts. I also started my own vinyl record collection.

Favorite part about being a Tulane student?

Brit: Being far away for four years, doing something different, and living in a new city. I love being in a completely different world for four years.

Erin: For me, because I only had two years here, I knew that when I left Maryland I wouldn’t be coming back. It was a good next step. I knew that I loved this city. It’s totally detached from reality, and it works.

Favorite show you are currently watching?

Brit: I watch almost ten TV shows at a time. The Mindy Project, Homeland. I have a list of shows on my computer so I don’t forget.

Erin: I just watched Suits twice. The Mindy Project, New Girl.

How did you become involved in Her Campus?

Brit:  It started my freshman year when I saw a Facebook advertisement for it, so I contacted the co-editor at that time, applied, sent her my application, and I made it! There were five of us who started it. I was there since its inception. I basically gave birth to it.

Erin:  I came in as the bullying older sister. No, I came into her campus because I transferred and was looking to get involved immediately, so I saw Her Campus as having a lot of opportunity for flexibility, creativity, and growth. I came in and established the social media chair. YEAH, that didn’t exist before me. I birthed THAT. And developed all of our social media channels. I also started to develop my niche for tech, which is what I write about.

How has Her Campus affected other aspects of your life?

Brit: It taught us how to manage, lead, and interact with all kinds of people: people managing, people skills, how to teach people people skills.

Erin: It taught us time management. It’s made us better editors and writers. Also, Brit and I are great friends. We didn’t know each other until this year, and we’ve come a long way this semester. 

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be?

Brit: Energetic!

Erin: Energetic. We’re both equally like, *waves arms around*

Erin & Brit: Yeah!

Her Campus Tulane