This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

One of the hardest things about moving off campus is breaking away from the comfort of the dining hall and forging your own way in the grocery store. One moment you’re a mini-Martha Stewart planning elaborate meals, and the next you’re wondering what do with all that leftover food you never got around to cooking.

But never fear, because this recipe is a delicious way to avoid wasting leftovers and prolong the time between grocery store runs. This super easy pizza recipe (we’re talking 3 ingredients here) is a great use for extra pasta sauce, sliced cheese and any other leftovers you haven’t accidentally eaten after a long happy hour. And feel free to get creative with your toppings—BBQ chicken, tomato basil, or even avocado are all on the table. 

For an added bonus? The cleanup is almost nonexistent so you can spend the rest of your evening catching up on Scandal instead of doing dishes.

Whole Wheat Pizza (recipe and image courtesy Eat Yourself Skinny blog)

Ingredients:

1. Tomato pasta or pizza sauce
  2. Whole-wheat pita bread
  3. Sliced or grated cheese—I love mozzarella for this recipe but the choice is all yours
  4. Any extras you have in the fridge—veggies, chicken, ham, basil, even fruits like pears if you’re feeling extra gourmet

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
  2. Spread 1/3 of a cup of tomato sauce over the center of the pita bread and layer the desired amount of cheese and any extras on top
  3. Set your “pizza” on a baking sheet
  4. Bake for about 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges of the pita are golden brown
  5. Enjoy!
Her Campus Tulane