This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Welcome back everyone! It’s second semester here at Tulane and we all know what that means: rush, Mardi Gras, Crawfest, and oh yeah…more classes. Before we get back into all of that, it’s time we compare winter break stories of course! Over my break I went home to New York, but I was barley there….New Orleans to New York to Israel to New York to Boston to New York to New Orleans….yeah, that pretty must sums up my break.

My furthest trip of course was Israel–I went on the birthright trip through Tulane Hillel and spent 10 amazing days in the Middle East.

We traveled throughout Israel, staying in the Golan Hights, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and the Negev desert. We hiked, rode camels, shopped in the native market places, and learned all about Israel’s culture and our Jewish heritage. Oh, and we ate a ridiculous amount of falafel! If you haven’t been on Birthright yet and you’re eligible (check online for the requirements) sign up through Chabad or Hillel for a Tulane birthright trip. My group included people from Tulane and a few other schools but there have been groups of only Tulane students as well! Now, time to go back to classes.

Rebecca Shinners is a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and Photo Intern/Freelancer at O, The Oprah Magazine. She graduated from Boston University in 2014 with a BS in Journalism and concentration in Photojournalism. She got her start in magazines writing for Her Campus and was previously an Editor for both Her Campus BU and Her Campus Tulane. Her work has also appeared in Seventeen Magazine, Teen Vogue, Bustle.com, Hamptons Magazine, and Newsday. When Rebecca isn't busy writing and taking pictures, she can be found shopping, petting puppies, wearing the color mint, and going to concerts.More: http://rebeccashinners.weebly.com/
Catherine Combs is a Tulane University Alumna, who majored in Communications and Political Science. She  has always had a soft spot for books, writing, and anything Chanel. When not searching for the final touches to her latest outfit idea, she can be found reading.