pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Graduation Outfits for Under $40

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Graduation day: it’s the growing elephant in the room that no senior wants to acknowledge. When trying to face daunting situations one great way to ease the nerves and get your mind off of things is shopping (which isn’t news to any fashion-lover). Shopping for a graduation outfit to relieve this pre-graduation anxiety is so wonderful because you kill two birds with one stone: your anxiety gets taken care of as does your need for an outfit. Before running out to shop it’s important to set a budget, especially during April in New Orleans when there are nonstop festivals and concerts to go to, but limited funds. A tighter budget need not compromise looking good, thanks to websites like Boohoo.com and Forever21.com that have trendy pieces for cheap. Below are a few graduation outfit options for under $40:

1. Mauve Jumpsuit: pair with flatforms and a high pony. Forever 21 $27.90:

2. Navy & White Zig-Zag Shift: pair with any white shoe and beachy waves. Boohoo $20:

3. Pink velvet wrap: pair with gladiator sandals and a top knot. Boohoo $35:

4. Ribbed white shift: spice up this simple tee-shirt dress with a statement choker and any bold shoe. Boohoo $26: 

5. Knot-tie romper: pair with a chunky heeled wedge/bootie and stacks of bracelets (any hairstyle works for this look). *Splurge* Forever21 $88: 

Her Campus Tulane