Gift Guide 2014: Roommates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

If you’re looking for a little something to show your roommates or friends a little holiday cheer this December, look no further. Here is my list of the best gifts that say Merry Christmas and Happy Channukah, but don’t break the bank.

• Socks: Socks are underratedly the best gift of all time. In our brief, but freezing polar vortex last week wool socks were my best friend. They are the best accessory to any pair of boots and they come in every design and color. They can even be the best pair of slippers to wear around the house (dorm room) or in Howie T for a long day of finals studying! 

Check out this pair and others here!

• Headbands: Make sure your roommate never has to worry about hair falling into her face at Reily during a tough workout. Besides, if your roommate loses them as often as I lose mine, then she’s always looking for a new one and you just bought the best gift. 

Find this one and others like it at lululemon!

• Coffee: Give the gift of life. Whether your roommate prefers PJs or Starbucks, a small giftcard for their morning coffee is always a thoughtful gift. Personalize it even more by writing their favorite order on the card. If you’re looking to ~splurge~ Starbucks has over 200 different holiday giftcards and mugs that say thanks for being the best roommate there is! 

Find this mug and others at your local Starbucks or online!