books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Fun Female Autobiographies for Vacation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

With Thanksgiving and winter vacations coming up, it’s a perfect time to do some pleasure reading. Nothing is better than snuggling up with a good book next to the fire! Take this time for yourself to read one of these books by inspiring women. You won’t be disappointed! 

1.     Bossypants by Tina Fey 

Fey will have you actually LOLing to yourself while the rest of your family looks at you weirdly from the other room.

2.     I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai 

This is an incredible autobiography by an amazing, inspiring young woman. If you need convincing, just watch her interview with Jon Stewart here:

3.     Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling 

If you’ve already read that, Kaling just came out with a second (even funnier) title, Why Not Me?

4.     Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg 

Sandberg, the COO of Facebook, describes an empowering feminist view of the corporate workforce.

5.     Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham

Dunham’s brutally honest and hilarious collection of personal essays is refreshingly realistic and will have you laughing between your tears!  

Her Campus Tulane