stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Five Health and Wellness Instagrams You Should Be Following

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Sometimes, we’re all in need of a little health and wellness inspiration.  Instagram is flooded with millions of users who love to rock a healthy lifestyle and share it with the world, but the number of accounts can often be overwhelming.  I’ve narrowed down my five favorites to make your day a little brighter and fill your feeds with glistening, green avocadoes and the secrets to nailing that yoga pose you’ve been working on.

1. The Crunchy Radish: Every morning when I wake up, I instantly jump to my phone to see what The Crunchy Radish is having for breakfast. Miranda Hammer not only knows how to make you drool over healthy food, but her photography skills are out of this world.  Bright, fresh, and geometric—these pictures bring out the best in our food.  She holds a Masters of Science in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics and is also a Registered Dietician, so you know you’re getting accurate health information.  What’s even better?  She knows how to indulge and isn’t afraid to show that balance is the key to life (hint: there’s pizza).  For quality nutrition facts, creative healthy recipes, and eye-catching photos, toss this girl a follow.

2. Bliss Out Wellness: If you want to see pictures of beautiful travels, relaxing health retreats, and natural products, be sure to follow these ladies.  Sarah Anne and Fern know how to keep you coming back for more, with each picture giving off a relaxing, yet determined vibe.  These two health coaches started Bliss Out Wellness and never looked back and they’re here to help share their wisdom with the world.  Follow them and you’ll stay up to date on all the latest courses they’re offering, upcoming retreats, and health products that they love.

3. Nutrition StrippedBased out of Nashville, McKel Hill is another Registered Dietician and also holds an Masters of Science in Clinical Nutrition.  Her photos have a rustic, minimalist feel and showcase her delicious food and passion for art and the outdoors.  Seriously, she can paint a gorgeous avocado.  All of her recipes are “dairy-free, gluten-free, plant based, vegetarian/vegan friendly, and most paleo friendly” and range from comforting soups to turmeric milk.  Check out her website to learn more about her story and why she made the switch to a natural, raw food diet.  And of course, make her part of your Instagram feed for whole living inspiration.  

4. ALOHA: ALOHA is a company that believes in the power of health through all channels: nutrition, exercise, mindfulness, and constantly challenging oneself.  Their products—The Daily Good Nutrient Pack, Daily Good Greens, Protein Powder, and Superfood Chocolate—reflect all that they believe. They are all natural, vegan, and contain nothing artificial.  Not only do their products channel their ideas, but so does their Instagram.  With hundreds of creative smoothie recipes, interesting articles about mental health, and uplifting quotes, this Instagram is sure to keep you striving for optimum health.

5. Cassandra BodzakLast, but not least, is Cassandra Bodzak.  Long story short, it took some low points and painful experiences before Cassandra discovered what truly made her shine. Through her Instagram, she shares her secrets for living your life in the most positive way possible and treating your body with the respect it deserves. Her inspiring words displayed through photos of her everyday life radiate positivity.  If you’re ever feeling down or need a reinforcing voice to lift you up, follow her on Instagram and you’ll soon find what you have been missing!

Asia Bradlee is a senior studying Public Health and English at Tulane University. She grew up in Boston, MA and has a passion for health and wellness writing. Asia has experience at Boston Magazine as the digital health intern and maintains her own wellness blog, Healthy, Hungry, Happy. 
Her Campus Tulane