Dirty Hair, Don’t Care!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

We all have those mornings, the ones where you wake up 15 minutes before class with greasy, messy hair and have little to no time to fix it. It happens to every girl at one time or another, but NOT TO WORRY, there are several easy ways to temporarily fix unwashed hair and still make it to class on time! One of the most important things to keep in mind on one of these mornings is to get creative and embrace that dirty hair! In fact, styling hair that hasn’t been washed in a day or two is actually easier to work with and will hold for longer than freshly washed hair will! Here are three of the EASIEST ways to quickly tame your unsightly mane when you’re in a rush:

1. Dry Shampoo/Baby Powder

Spritzing some dry shampoo or sprinkling some baby powder in your hair is the most efficient (and only?) way to quickly get rid of greasy hair without water. Dry shampoo has been a staple for many girls for the past several years, and now you can also purchase dry CONDITIONER to accompany that dry shampoo on days when you’re in a rush/are having a lazy day and don’t feel like washing your hair (we all have those too). Here are some of my fave products to use:

2. Headband/ Head Scarf

Opting for a thick head band or head scarf that will cover a good portion of the top of your head is one of the easiest fixes to cover up dirty hair. Check out some of my faves below:

3. Turbans/Bandanas

If all the dry shampoo in the world won’t get that dirty hair looking clean and a headband doesn’t do the trick, then try rocking a trendy turban or a classic bandana. Either of these will cover the majority of your head and will give you a new/different look to rock for the day. A few of my fave looks below:

My favorite online sites to look for cute headbands/ head scarves/ turbans include Shopbop, Forever 21, and Bloomingdale’s. Don’t forget to have fun and get creative with your hairstyles, headbands, scarves, and etc. when rocking the second day, maybe a little dirty, hair look!

Xox,

Meaghan 

Her Campus Tulane