Definitive Ranking of Thanksgiving Dishes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Four days later, and I am still in a food coma from everything I ate on Thanksgiving and leftovers that never seemed to end. Thanksgiving is my favorite day of the year, and the only day where calories don’t count. Besides the fact that the food is unbelievable, my house smells like heaven from the food for weeks afterwards. This Thanksgiving, I was especially grateful to be back with my family, enjoying a home-cooked meal with my loved ones. After eating all of the Thanksgiving foods at least 5 times, I decided to rank them in order:

1. Marshmallow sweet potato casserole: Maybe I’m biased since marshmallows and sweet potatoes are my favorite foods, but this combination is killer and deserves the number one spot. Heaven in a dish. 
  2. Pumpkin pie: Pumpkin pie, or any kind of pie, is the perfect ending to the food coma.
  3. Stuffing: If stuffing is made right, it is delicious. Get stuffed with this perfect side dish.
  4. Cranberry Sauce: Cranberry sauce adds the “fruity” kick to the Thanksgiving meal and brings some color to that ~instagram~.
  5. Turkey:  I’m not too big of a turkey fan, but cooked with well and with some gravy on top turkey is definitely something to be thankful for.
  6. Mashed Potatoes: Sweet potato casserole > mashed potatoes. Enough said.
  7. Veggies: C’mon, who likes veggies anyway?

I’m definitely missing some sides, but hey, everyone knows these are the important Thanksgiving dishes anyways!

Her Campus Tulane