Decorating Your Dorm Room for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Although it’s been 80 degrees in NOLA throughout the beginning of October, we believe at Her Campus Tulane that decorating for the season is still a must. From lighting pumpkin pie and cinnamon-scented candles to hanging orange, green, and brown leaves around, there are numerous ways to settle into the fall spirit and make these next few months count. Decorating a dorm room doesn’t always prove easy, especially throughout move-in day in mid-August humidity, but you can make it as cozy as ever with these fun ideas.

1. Set up orange fairy lights around the ceiling.

2. Paint mason jars in fall colors and use them as desk organizers!

3. Stencil pumpkins onto a blank, white pillow.

4. Stencil mini pumpkins with various designs and set them around the room, especially on book shelves.

5. Add a rug outside, or inside, your room to make it feel even cozier.

6. Following university rules, you probably can’t light candles in the room, but still place fall-scented ones in various areas to give the feel of the season.

7. Hang up canvas paintings of your favorite aspects of the season, whether they be hot chocolate with extra marshmallows or falling leaves.Happy decorating, ladies!

Her Campus Tulane