absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Daily Dash: The Perks of Cinnamon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Cinnamon is a hidden treasure. It’s a great thing to keep on hand because of its amazing flavor, but don’t forget the fabulous health benefits! Research has shown that incorporating cinnamon into your diet can have perks such as increasing brain function, better heart health, and lowering blood sugar. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and contains antioxidants. You only need a dash – a little goes a long way! Try some of these snacks to get a sprinkle of cinnamon in your day!  

1. Apple or banana with peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon. 

Cut up your fave fruit and give each piece a smear of peanut butter. Add a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of your new favorite spice and you have the perfect snack! 

2. Yogurt with berries, granola, and cinnamon. Make yourself a yummy Greek yogurt parfait with blueberries, raspberries and some granola for crunch and you have a filling, flavorful breakfast!

3. Whole wheat toast with butter or cream cheese and a dash of cinnamon. 

If you want to get a little creative, mix softened butter with cinnamon, sugar and vanilla before spreading it on a piece of bread. Put it in the oven until it’s golden brown (5-10 minutes) and you’ll have the most comforting snack! 

Photo Sources:  Image 1, Image 2, Image 3

Her Campus Tulane