Campus Celebrity: Morgan Wittenberg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Name: MWiTtY

Year: Junior

Major: International Relations and Social Policy and Practice

Hometown: Cary (Raleigh), North Carolina – land of the pine

Tell us a little bit about your involvement at Tulane.

It all started one fateful August afternoon at 5pm when declarations to run for USG Freshman Senator at Large were due. I kept flipping an imaginary coin in my head to decide if I should actually go through with it. I decided to go for it and just like that, the 3Ws: Win With Wittenberg were brought to Tulane University. Although I’ve been involved in quite literally a dozen organizations on campus, USG has been the one that I’ve stuck with and dedicated most of my time to. Times are a changing at Tulane and it’s been exciting to be at the forefront of them. 

How has being USG president affected your life? 

Being USG President has entirely shaped my experience as a Tulanian. It’s given me some of my closest friends, provided me with a platform to learn how to be an advocate for my peers, and allowed me to meet staff, faculty and administrators from all different walks of life. At this point I don’t know how to separate my ‘Tulane experience’ from my role as USG President – but you won’t find me complaining! 

Did you ever have any doubts/reservations about running again this year? 

Yes and no. I’ve always been passionate about the Undergraduate Student Government and Tulane, so it was never an issue of if I wanted to do it – my heart was always in the right place. When it came down to making the decision about seeking a second term, I did a lot of critical thinking about if there was still room for me to grow as a leader and a person, while making a positive impact on the University. It turned out that I still had the passion and there was still work to be done, so here I am! 

What has been the most rewarding part of being USG President? 

Hands down the most rewarding part has been being able to help facilitate and guide the changes that are happening with the University. From initiatives brought to the table from Senators and Council Chairs in Senate meetings, to sitting on search committees for the Vice President for Student Affairs, I’ve been incredibly fortunate to be able to have so many opportunities to be engaged in moving this University forward. 

Favorite part about being a Tulane student? 
~BoUrBoN sTrEeT~

Tulane Favorites:
1. Canes
2. Canes
3. When people cater Canes

Her Campus Tulane