Campus Celebrity: Brianna Truffa ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.
Name: Brianna Truffa
Year: 2016
Hometown: San Diego, California

What’s your favorite part about living in New Orleans?

I love the spirit here! There’s really a personality to the city that’s just infectious.  It’s so vibrant and fun.

Weirdest Tulane Memory?

Ok, so this is really weird. My freshman year roommate really liked that SNL skit with Kristen Wiig when she has little baby hands. So naturally, I thought it would be hilarious to buy a couple of plastic baby dolls, disassemble them and hide them in her stuff. She was finding baby legs in her drawers for weeks. We became best friends after that.

(Spoiler alert: that was definitely me)

Graduation is coming up soon–what do you have planned? 

I just recently got accepted to Tulane’s 4+1 program in Behavioral Health, so I’ll be here next year! After I get my master’s I’m thinking of applying to PsyD programs (like a doctorate in psychology that focuses on clinical work rather than research, like a PhD). So who knows where I’ll be after that!

Who is your celebrity crush?

Not gonna lie, I think Justin Timberlake is perfect. He just can do everything, and he does it with such class. 

What fictional character would be your BFF and why?

Definitely Tom Haverford. We are best friend soulmates. We would sit around and eat apps and zerts with our food rakes while casually freestyle rapping about our day. 

What ice cream topping would you be and why?

Ooh. I’m feeling Cap’n Crunch. That cereal rips up your mouth but it’s delicious.

Tell us about your kitty!

I have this adorable kitten named Tupawc!! She is about 8 months old and just the most precious thing ever. She’s got this incredible personality, she’s so spunky and playful. Her full name is Tupawc Sha-purr, because she has these two little white paws…

Favorites…

Mardi Gras parade?

I WANT A MUSES SHOE. It’s my senior year and I have yet to catch one!

Animal? 
Tupawc, of course. 

Emoji?

I kind of like that one that’s supposed to be a “desk attendant” or whatever but nobody uses it like that it’s more of just a sassy girl. And also if you put an elephant next to the little puff of air…it makes me laugh every time. 
Book?

Oh that’s a tough one. There are so many! I like The Sun Also Rises, and Long Day’s Journey Into Night (although that’s a play).  

Disney Channel Original Movie?

Definitely Motocrossed. Andy Carson kicks butt and slays gender roles, all while looking fly and hell and wearing some awesome green nail polish that I might have gone out and bought as soon as I saw the movie…

Her Campus Tulane