The Best Summer Hair Mask

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

The end of the semester is quickly approaching which means two things: finals are coming and SUMMER is around the corner! It’s almost that time of year when basking in the sun and wading in the ocean become apart of a daily routine. There are some serious benefits to that summer sun, such as giving that bronzed glow that everyone desires all year round. Other less desirable effects of the summer sun are damaged and frizzy hair.

It’s important to show your hair extra lovin’ during the months of summer. This could mean avoiding the pool to give your hair a break from the chlorine or applying a super moisturizing hair mask every so often. You don’t need to hit the salon multiple times a month to give yourself an ultra hydrating mask; the only place you need to go is into the cupboards of your own kitchen! Yogurt, olive oil, egg, honey, and avocado are all common household foods that can be combined to create an ideal hair mask. My personal favorite hair mask to make during the summer is known as “The Monthly Frizz Treatment.” Here’s what you’ll need:

1. 1/2 cup of plain yogurt

2. 1/2 cup of honey

3. 1 tbsp of almond oil

Mix all of these ingredients together and apply all over damp hair. Leave the mask in for 15-20 minutes and then jump in the shower to shampoo it out. Once your hair dries you’ll be left with gorgeous, lustrous, silky locks! Use this mask once a month for best results. 

Recipe courtesy of www.dermadoctor.com

xox,

Meaghan

Her Campus Tulane