Best Pumpkin Snacks for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

As mid-October comes around, and the weather is no longer 95 degrees at 10 P.M, like clockwork we instantly start craving “Fall” food. Call it basic, but I don’t know one person that doesn’t love pumpkins. Pumpkin and Fall just go together, like peas in a pod. Although we live in New Orleans and don’t get to experience a ~true~ Fall, the second it dropped below 85 degrees the pumpkin rage came back. Here are some of my favorite pumpkin fall editions that you can get locally:

• Pumpkin coffee

As someone who hates coffee unless it is 90% milk and sugar and 10% coffee, I can honestly say pumpkin spice flavoring has changed my opinion. (Yes I sound basic, and no I don’t care) Seriously though, don’t knock it until you try it. Pumpkin in any kind of beverage adds sweetness and creaminess and makes your coffee perfection. Another underrated pumpkin beverage is pumpkin hot chocolate! Get it at PJ’s, Starbucks, or any other coffee shop!

• Pumpkin bread

As a huge lover of any kind of bread (banana bread, apple walnut bread, etc) pumpkin bread takes the cake. Go to Hillel to get some of their pumpkin brownies with frosting that are truly out of this world.

• Pumpkin pie

I don’t have enough words to explain my love for pumpkin pie, but if you have never experienced this decadent dessert by now, you are doing it wrong. Luckily, Bruff sometimes has pumpkin pie, but all supermarkets do as well!

• Pumpkin soup

Pumpkin soup is a classic for fall weather. Go to Hillel for their pumpkin soup or buy some at Whole Foods for a chilly fall night!

• Pumpkin seeds

Although pumpkin seeds don’t really taste like pumpkin, I had to include it on this list because pumpkin and seeds are my two favorite snacks and combined they just make ~*perfection*~.

• Pumpkin donuts

District Donuts is probably my favorite place in New Orleans, and the fact that they have a pumpkin cheesecake flavored donut truly changes the game. Get it while they last!

Her Campus Tulane