Best Coffee Shops in NOLA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Need some new places to mix up your usual caffeine routine? There are so many coffee places that we don’t take advantage of enough here in New Orleans. So next time you’re tempted to resort to PJ’s or Starbucks, try something new! You’ll be so glad you took the time to support these awesome local businesses!

• Rue De La Course: Besides the fantastic coffee, this place has such an awesome study environment. Fun fact: the building used to be a bank! It’s super spacious and well lit, and personally, I’m always my most productive when I do homework here.
  • Z’otz: This is the perfect place to unleash your inner hipster and enjoy the best cup o’ joe you’ve had in a long time. Contrary to Rue De La Course, the environment is cozier here, with dimmer lighting and funky, elaborate décor. The coffee is so delicious you’ll find yourself on your third cup in no time.
  • First Cup Café: Recovering from a long night studying and need an extra kick of caffeine to get going? Look no further than First Cup Café. The coffee here is extra concentrated, so not only is it more delicious, but also it’ll give you a crazy buzz of energy. This place is definitely a hidden gem, and it’s not far from campus at all (it’s right near Felipe’s).
  • HiVolt Coffee: This place might be a car ride away from campus, but it’s a 110% worth it to make the trek. The service, the atmosphere, the smooth, rich espresso… you’ll be smitten with this place before you know it. If it were closer by, I would probably spend every morning here.
  • Fair Grinds: Fair Grinds has really great coffee and a really great mission. You’ve got to love that they promote fair trade, organic farming, worker’s rights, and social justice. The people who work here are kind and passionate, and the coffee doesn’t disappoint. Need I say more?