5 Times Amy Poehler Blew Our Minds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

We already knew Amy Poehler was dominating the world and possibly the best candidate for the next presidential election  (#NEVERFORGET SNL Hillary) However, she obliterated every hilarious, feminist, and inspirational expectation we had for her and made us all weep with joy and burn a few bras with her new book Yes Please. Here’s 5 other moments when Amy blew our minds and fueled our dreams of being funny women (and probably the reason for many vulgar, inappropriate jokes at the dinner table. Sorry mom, blame Amy.)

1.     Mean Girls

Arguably one of Amy’s most iconic roles and makes it okay to dress up in a pink juicy sweatsuit on halloween and pretend you weren’t wearing it all day anyway (while sipping margaritas and asking your daughter and her friends for the “411.”)

2.     Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls

Not only is Amy hilarious, but she’s an activist and founded an online community that aims to “help young women and the young at heart with the process of cultivating their authentic selves.” Essentially, Amy is simultaneously making us pee ourselves with laughter while also rejecting the stereotype of women having to pee a lot because GENDER ROLES #FEMINISM 

3.     Inspirational quotes

4.     Quoted in Tina Fey’s Bossy Pants

“Amy was in the middle of some such nonsense with Seth Meyers across the table, and she did something vulgar as a joke. I can’t remember what it was exactly, except it was dirty and loud and “unladylike”, 

Jimmy Fallon […] turned to her and in a faux-squeamish voice said, “Stop that! It’s not cute! I don’t like it.”Amy dropped what she was doing, went black in the eyes for a second, and wheeled around on him. “I don’t f**king care if you like it.” Jimmy was visibly startled. Amy went right back to enjoying her ridiculous bit.”

5.     Parks and Rec

Waffles. Freedom. America. Pawnee. The cast of Parks and Recreation is similar to that of NBC’s “The Office” – absolutely star studded. Treat yo self.

Honorable mentions: SNL, her clothing swag, Baby Mama, Blades of Glory, Mom Jeans

Her Campus Tulane