5 Simple Reasons Makeup Can Be Good for You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Whether or not you’re a lover of makeup, there are benefits in applying your favorite products! Makeup has been proven to boost peoples health and self-esteem. And, in this college-crazed life we’re all living, why not have a little fun with it! Here are 5 of the many reasons experimenting with some makeup products is beneficial:

1. Ego Booster

It’s simple. When you feel good, you look good; and vice-versa. It’s a great feeling putting on a new product and knowing it looks good on you. The perfect product gets you countless compliments throughout the day. There’s truly no better confidence boost than loving the way you look and feeling great about it. So, seek out your favorite beauty products and start applying!

2. Skin Protection

Foundations and tinted moisturizers that contain sun protection will help your skin be safe from sun damage. Not only will your skin look flawless and perfect in the moment, but it can also stay that way in the long run.

3. Enhance Your Best Features

There is no denying we can all point out what we believe to be our “trouble areas.” However, makeup usage is the perfect way to highlight some of your best facial assets while simultaneously playing down some of those that you are not fond of. Again, looking good is feeling good so treat yourself to the right to feel fabulous!

4. Fun

If you are a fellow makeup lover, then you know just as I do how fun makeup can really be! With a little experimentation and some trial-and-error, you can find your perfect look all while having a great time! But if you are someone who does not find makeup as enjoyable, you may find reason #5 to be just for you…

5. Quick and Easy

For someone like me, the alarm clock is set to about 20 minutes before I need to leave for class in the morning. Luckily, It doesn’t have to take hours to apply your makeup. A simple routine in the morning will make quite the difference. If you just go for the basics when it comes to your makeup, a standard routine should take as little as 8-10 minutes! 

Her Campus Tulane