5 Recipes to Kick Start Your Post-Mardi Gras Recovery

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Starting and finishing your day with Boot pizza is great and all, but after 5 days of eating nothing but junk, I’m betting that most of us are ready to add some nutrients to our diet.  Coming to you from the best, brightest, and most delicious of Pinterest, here are 5 recipes that will finally get you feeling like a real human again (you’re probably going to want to put away your fanny pack first):

Peanut Butter Banana Quesadilla

Because you wouldn’t want to get too healthy too fast, here’s a recipe for a healthy (ish) desert to get you back into the swing of things! This one has all the nutrients of bananas and peanut butter with added chocolate to remind you of those 2 a.m. crepes you’ve been enjoying.

Crustless Mini Quiches

Instead of your traditional Mardi Gras breakfast of a handful of cool ranch chips and your favorite cold beverage, try making this super healthy (not to mention crazy easy) quiche. You can even freeze them and stick ‘em in the fridge for those mornings you rolled out of bed 20 minutes before you’re supposed to be on the 4th floor of Newcomb.

Microwave Cinnamon Apples

For those of you still living the dorm life, here’s a super simple one that you can make in your microwave… Just don’t set off the fire alarm please! With only a little bit of honey and cinnamon added, this recipe is a great way to incorporate fruit into your post-Mardi Gras diet given that you’re pretty sure you have scurvy (Web MD wouldn’t lie).

Baked Green Bean Fries

Still craving those cheese fries that you may, or may not, have added bacon and sour cream to? These crunchy substitutes are a much healthier way to curb your fry cravings and add some much needed vegetables to your diet.

Raspberry Sunrise Smoothie

It’s time to introduce a new kind of frozen beverage to your diet with this delicious and healthy treat. And with only four ingredients there’s no excuse not to fill your SOLO cup with something nutritious.

Her Campus Tulane